Senior Video Editor & Producer
Position at BankRate.com
Join us! Bankrate.com is looking for a Senior Video Editor & Producer to create and execute Bankrate’s video strategy and manage a team of video producers.
Innovate storytelling to make Bankrate a leader in digital and social video.
Create and lead content team that surpasses competitors daily and helps increase engagement. The producer will oversee the production of compelling, influential and informational content for Bankrate.com — from initial ideation to post production.
Create amazing video packages about personal finance and fintech.
Ideal candidates will exhibit creative ways to make personal finance and fintech shareable, fresh and relevant for digital and social media platforms. We expect the senior video editor to develop a video strategy in line with the overall content strategy, respond quickly to events in the marketplace, understand how that news affects consumers, be familiar with personal finance issues and to lead the team in using data and metrics to drive production decisions.
Oversee live productions on Facebook and with the top television networks involving Bankrate talent.
Candidates will have experience in video production and a full knowledge of digital production processes. They will be active in social media and have knowledge of SEO in relation to content.
- Maintain quality control of all internal and external content being produced by team of video producers. Ensure all video content is on-brand and maintains a clear and concise message consistent with Bankrate’s core goals.
- Provide knowledgeable creative input to all video projects. Structure project workflows and devise efficient processes to execute video campaigns.
- Develop video strategy, production plans, individual duties and output expectations of the department. Ensure production of content is in alignment with content team.
- Monitor news events and trends, suggest videos to social team to promote. Pitch and assign trending video topics and continually look for ways to push breaking and/or viral stories forward with new angles.
- Use current media trends to influence Bankrate video production and use analytics to gauge successes.
- Manage live broadcast interview requests in the Bankrate.com studio.
- Use Adobe Creative Cloud to develop high-quality content — including graphic design, audio mixing and motion graphics — that’s technically executed, represents the brand and suitable for distribution.
- Plan and facilitate studio and field-based video production including crew management, location clearance and talent management.
- Design, motion graphics and online video production experience.
- Full knowledge of digital production processes.
- Thorough understanding of personal finance.
- 2 years’ experience producing and editing content for a variety of platforms.
- Experience with basic HTML and web-based CMS.
- Knowledge of social video platforms and online media trends.
- Experience working in a live television environment with remote producers.
To apply, please include resume, cover letter, relevant links and demo reel. The applications should be digital in their orientation and delivery.
Back to top