Senior Technical Agile Program Manager
Position at Bankrate.com
Bankrate.com is a leading aggregator of financial rate information and offers an unparalleled depth and breadth of rate data and financial content. Established in 1976, Bankrate has over four decades of experience in financial publishing and made its online debut in 1996 as Bankrate.com. Since then, we have increased our site traffic to over 15 million monthly unique visitors, expanded our distribution outlets and added new content channels, and we continually strive to provide consumers with the expert advice and tools needed to succeed throughout life's financial journey.
The Technical Agile Program Manager will be responsible for working with business and technology teams across the Bankrate.com organization to deliver customer value through implementation of agile principles, processes, and methods. This position requires an experienced Program Manager with a strong understanding of and hands-on experience with Agile Methods, including Scrum. This individual will be responsible for managing complex programs with high visibility throughout the organization.
- An active, vocal partner in defining the strategic direction of a major product and / or product line involving several complex programs.
- Work with all necessary departments to secure and align cross-functional delivery teams to deliver programs.
- Oversight the direction of multiple programs and multiple scrum teams aligned to those programs.
- Attend and participate in agile ceremonies to manage programs.
- Assist the Product Owner and Scrum Master(s) with supporting 5 levels of Agile Planning and keeping the backlog groomed.
- Work on helping Scrum Masters develop and maintain value streams.
- Facilitate Scrum of Scrums.
- Facilitate program status meetings, track status of existing issues and identify new issues and risks.
- Act as a central point of contact for all communication related to the programs and project(s).
- Facilitate stream intake sessions and coordinate bringing backlog to the scrum teams.
- Communicate program status at all management levels.
- Ensure that programs adhere to established standards and methodology practices.
- Help define new development processes and industry best practices.
- Assess impact of change requests.
- Make recommendations on how to best approach programs and projects keeping in mind the business goals.
- Know at all times the health of programs and projects, risks and impact to delivery of customer and business value.
- Ensure regular, active communication with adjacent programs and stakeholders.
- Advocate of Agile methodology.
- Work closely with Scrum Masters on assessing the Agile maturity and skill-growth for teams and provide training and feedback as required.
- Maintain awareness of cross product / program synergies and actively communicate opportunities to simplify or better align work across teams.
- 5+ years of program/project management experience.
- Expert knowledge of project management tools (i.e. MS Project, Wrike, etc.).
- Certified Scrum Master/ Certified Scrum Practitioner.
- Hands-on experience as a Scrum Master, Agile Lead or Agile Coach, preferably with large organizations.
- Strong technical background.
- Strong working knowledge of web development.
- Prior experience working on infrastructure and software projects.
- Strong understanding of and applied experience with Agile development principles.
- Extremely organized.
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic development environment with matrix reporting structure.
- Strong facilitation skills.
- Strong sense of ownership, with focus on proactively removing program obstacles, and willingness to go above and beyond to chase down loose ends that lead to successful product delivery.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing clearly and succinctly, complex design and technical issues, as well as business and product requirements .
- Demonstrated leader throughout career.
- Ability to thrive in a highly ambiguous, fast paced environment where priorities shift rapidly.
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to identify win-win solutions.
- Strong influence, collaboration, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to operate independently within established methodologies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Experience with JIRA.
- Someone who loves working with people and solving complex organizational and process problems.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject is a plus.
Meet Some of Bankrate.com's Employees
Client Service Representative
As a client service representative, it’s Andy’s job to make sure Bankrate’s advertising clients stay happy as he troubleshoots their campaigns and works with the customer retention program.
Back to top