Senior Software Engineer
Position at Bankrate.com
Full Stack Developer familiar with each layer of software development technology. Responsible for designing, developing, and modifying web site solutions and services. Own the quality of their work and enforcing code integrity throughout the team.
Bankrate has a fresh, fun, and creative environment you won't find anywhere else. If you have a strong will to learn and educate and are motivated by opportunity to help grow our team, then we'd love to hear from you!
- Designs, modifies, develops, writes, tests and implements software.
- Take ownership and responsibility of the work at hand and shepherding code through to production.
- Implement web services and REST APIs to power Bankrate.com and partners' web sites.
- Building a scalable, robust and reliable infrastructure to support our website and services.
- Collaborate with product owner, scrum master, and other developers to deliver a quality product.
- Solid knowledge of developing RESTful web services
- Solid background in development languages such as: PHP (Laravel), Java, Python, NodeJS
- Expert knowledge of OOP principles and practices as well as design patterns.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
- Experience with Agile engineering practices
- Strong communication and presentation skills to work within a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Follows best architectural principles and adheres to standards of best practice.
Technical Experience: 7 or more years of software development experience.
Education: BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject is a plus.
- Develops innovation strategies, processes, and best practices.
- Leads and participates in medium- to large-scale, complex, cross-functional projects.
- Leads the discovery phase of medium to large projects to come up with high level design.
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity.
- Troubleshoots business and production issues.
- Owns the technical testing and performance plans for their projects.
- Utilizes industry research to improve Bankrate technology environment.
- Driven by "What can I do to help here?" attitude, rather than the "That's not my problem" mentality.
- Has the desire to simplify instead of making things more complex.
- Looks at the big picture. Understands the impact his/her piece of software implementation has on the whole product.
- Has good communication skills. Communicates effectively with the team and clients to understand business requirements.
- Can function as part of a team: able to fit in the team's culture and exchanges thoughts, ideas, knowledge and experience with other team members to boost efficiency and quality of the solution.
- Mentors others instead of coding in a black box.
- Is able to start a project with limited requirements and refine them by asking questions or talking with business people.
- Has a good understanding and knowledge of the domain and environment they work in.
- Reviews/understands requirements and questions requirements in a productive manner.
- Constantly improving themselves through training, research, and learning.
- Is willing and ready to take one or more roles in a team and is able to switch his/her roles when required.
- Is adaptive: able to adapt as a result of changes in requirements for a continuous improvement of a software.
- Works overtime to meet committed deadlines.
- Is accountable for the work their team produces.
Meet Some of Bankrate.com's Employees
Client Service Representative
As a client service representative, it’s Andy’s job to make sure Bankrate’s advertising clients stay happy as he troubleshoots their campaigns and works with the customer retention program.
Back to top