Senior Social Media Manager
Position at BankRate.com
Join us! Know social media and what to do with it to grow a business? Like to innovate and disrupt?
Bankrate is seeking a visionary social media strategist to help us vastly scale organic traffic while ensuring that we’re connecting with the right people at the right time via the right platform.
The candidate will build a strategy and supporting campaigns to fully develop Bankrate’s social ecosystem and accelerate growth of audiences and influencers across platforms. He or she will work seamlessly across multiple teams to significantly scale audience, traffic, and overall reach; we’re talking 10X growth!
This person will sit at the intersection of creative, technology, production, and marketing and is tasked with developing and deploying holistic, impactful content campaigns across social and other outlets with a deep understanding of how they intersect with broader marketing and brand programs. He or she will serve as the lead strategic voice and will be responsible for infusing digital and social thinking into organic practice areas and will build smart strategies and growth plans along with flawless implementation plans. Will manage a small and growing team.
Specific tasks include:
- Assess current digital opportunities and challenges and develop a comprehensive digital growth plan.
- Develop and implement social media strategy and best practices across various platforms and social communities (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Video/YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram, etc.). Develop platform-level strategies and deploy creative social programming to support objectives
- Define campaign objectives and set timelines leading to the successful execution of key initiatives.
- Develop creative engagement campaigns to align and elevate brands on social media and across digital channels, including email.
- Pull together teams across functional areas, uniting on common goals.
- Plan strategic monthly social calendar, testing roadmap for emerging platforms, and contest and promotional offers to drive interest.
- Build and leverage Bankrate’s influencer network.
- 2+ years in digital marketing with most of it in social strategy and execution. Experience specifically working with clients and developing business within a digital, public relations, or advertising/integrated business or marketing agency. Relevant experience across key social media properties including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram, Vine, blogs, etc. Social media concepting and social media strategy/platform expertise.
- Experience using popular analysis and publishing tools such as: Facebook Insights, Radian6, Sysomos, Google Analytics, Omniture, Spredfast, Sprinklr, Adobe Social, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, and others Ability to synthesize digital behavioral data with primary and secondary audience insights to develop campaigns and content that resonate with targets Content distribution expertise spanning owned, earned, and paid digital channels
- Has launched large scale social campaigns; has proven results with scaling social following.
- Ability and proven success with thinking about content holistically; has developed wildly successful multi-channel and platform campaigns.
- Abreast of the last new technology, industry trends, and platform developments.
- Possesses deep expertise in creating content marketing strategies and plans that solve for specific client pain points and deliver real business value.
- Demonstrated results scaling social communities.
- Influencer strategy development and execution.
- Understanding of email marketing, SEO, and SEM.
- Strong social presence and following.
- Ability to speak publicly, represent the company.
Back to top