Senior Helpdesk Engineer
Position at CreditCards.com
We're looking for that multi-faceted person who has passion helping people fix their IT problems.
Our dynamic office environment and diverse workforce is full of exciting people and interesting challenges. We are a multidisciplinary technology shop producing personal finance products for web and mobile platforms. We need a sharp technical mind with deep experience in the vast array of trouble-shooting hardware and software issues in a multi-platform environment. If you enjoy learning and sharing new tricks of the trade, our environment is collaborative with a casual open office and a crew of committed geeks!
If this sounds like you, we could be your perfect match:
- Researches and resolves technical hardware and software issues with immediate and long term solutions. Conveys problems, solutions, updates and project status to peers, customers and management.
- Act as primary contact and on-site support between two offices in the Manhattan area
- Will be working with users to respond to requests from multiple ticketing methods including email, phone, chat, tickets and on-site requests.
- Documents these solutions to help peers and employees resolve these issues in the future
- Improve process and tools to automate deployments and other operational tasks to improve efficiency and consistency. Knowledge to create scripts, tools, utilities and/or code to address issues with new projects and to resolve existing operational procedures (i.e. single-click deployments).
- Liaisons between multiple departments, especially IT, communicating system changes and mitigating possible issues that may affect users. Ensure appropriate infrastructure changes are socialized across the development and any required validation is planned in a timely fashion.
- Expertise in troubleshooting and identifying server, operating system and application level errors
- Experience with VMware environments
- Experience in scripting is a huge plus
- Experience with Nagios, DataDog or other IT infrastructure monitoring software systems
- Basic TCP/IP networking knowledge
- Basic understanding of networking and network equipment
- Ability to rack server equipment
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Collaborative and approachable personality
- Knowledge in customer service
- Strong Windows administration skills
- Strong MacOS administration skills
- Relevant certifications are a plus
Bankrate Credit Cards is a leading financial services technology and marketing company that provides consumers with free content, credit information, and financial insights, connects consumers with financial institutions and helps users achieve financial goals and well-being
Our data-driven algorithmic platform analyzes information on users' spend and reward preferences, and credit card features and loyalty programs, to optimize consumer payment choices to maximize rewards, minimize fees and interest, and improve cash flow across web and mobile consumer solutions.
We operate CreditCards.com, the leading online credit card marketplace, and a number of other great brands such as Wallaby Financial, The Points Guy, CreditCardForum, and more.
We power credit card information for major brands through our API and data enterprise product suite.
A subsidiary of Bankrate, Inc. (NYSE: RATE)., we have offices in Austin, TX., Pasadena, CA., and New York, NY.
Why work at Creditcards?
- If you're looking to get in on the ground floor and gain leadership experience while making a meaningful impact at a growing company
- If you, like us, value the entrepreneurial spirit, collaborative innovation, and a healthy work-life balance
- If you're excited to have flexible PTO, bonuses, and paid training
- If you like the protection of full medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- If you want to feel proud to work for a company that truly cares about corporate responsibility/social good and gives back to the international community through charitable action
PLEASE NOTE: We are looking for candidates who are not currently on any type of work Visa.
Principals Only: No Third Party Agencies/Recruiters please.
Meet Some of Bankrate.com's Employees
Client Support Specialist
As a Client Support Specialist, it’s Andy’s job to make sure Bankrate’s advertising clients stay happy as he troubleshoots their campaigns and works with the customer retention program.
Back to top