Senior Database Administrator
A sharp Database Administrator with solid Microsoft SQL Server experience, and want to make a clear and visible difference by leading others who share that same passion, and embrace our core values of empowerment, ownership, accountability and transparency.
The Senior Database Administrator is accountable for creation, maintenance and performance of our transactional Database Systems and all of its components. This role is responsible for the smooth operation of the databases that use the internal Cost-per-click systems and public facing applications at Bankrate.com. This involves use of cutting edge technologies, industry-leading practices, process, and methodologies for deployment and upkeep of the system with demanding availability targets.
Located in Palm Beach Gardens, Bankrate has a fresh, fun, and creative environment you won’t find anywhere else. If you have a strong will to learn and educate and are motivated by opportunity to help grow our team, then we'd love to hear from you.
- Coaches, and motivates the database administration team and shares new database features or technologies.
- Responsible for architecting, designing and administrator high availability solution.
- Own the data, infrastructure and the physical data environment of our transactional databases.
- Instrumental in researching, evaluating, designing, testing, recommending, and planning implementation of new versions of database and database tools
- Provide enterprise-wide, DBA support for production systems and provide DBA services to application development teams, including database design, database creation, and database production support.
- Installation, configuration, customization, maintenance and performance tuning of databases.
- Database version migration, patching and security management.
- Monitor database server capacity/performance and make infrastructure and architecture recommendations to management for necessary changes/updates.
- Manage all aspects of database operations including implementation of database monitoring tools, event monitoring, diagnostic analysis, performance optimization routines and top-tier support for resolving support issues.
- Facilitate database backup and recovery as well as documenting and testing all backup and recovery procedures.
- Work in a SCRUM team and provide coaching and guidance to software developers and Tech Ops to ensure reliable database usage.
- Design and implement disaster recovery procedures according to standards or implement and maintain Replication Services.
- Investigate application response time issues. Provide solutions for performance improvements. Validate and test stored procedures before implementation in the production environment.
- Provide production support to troubleshoot day-to-day database or related application issues, including light on-call rotation schedule
- Perform database audits and ensure SOX compliance
Skills and Hands-On Experience:
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Have leadership experience (coaching and leading the database administration team).
- Strong knowledge of Database normalization and performance tuning/monitoring.
- Demonstrated, in-depth knowledge of database internals and data structures
- Strong knowledge of T-SQL or SQL/SQL*Plus, PL/SQL, and stored procedures
- Proficiency in database table creation, maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Maintaining high-availability systems (7x24x365) in production environment.
- Experience with disaster recovery, replication and clustering solutions.
- Expert understanding of Database best practices and internal
- Ability to adapt to changing requirements and technologies.
- Ability to work both independently as well as within a SCRUM team
- 5-7 years of experience performing database administration functions and supporting databases in a production environment.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, or equivalent discipline plus 6-8 years of experience
- Microsoft SQL Server DBA Certification desirable.
- Hands-on experience working in highly transactional enterprise level data environments.
Back to top