Senior Data Engineer
Position at Bankrate.com
Bankrate is a technology company committed to producing the most reliable, personalizable and highest quality content and data to serve the financial needs of consumers. We rely on a talented team of expert technologists who help Bankrate learn from a wide variety of data, both internal and external, as well as structured, semi structured and unstructured sources of data. Bankrate seeks a passionate Data Engineer to join its top notch Data Engineering team to help build out a world class data platform to enable reporting, data sciences, and analytics to meet its challenges.
- Perform ETL/ELT tasks, work flows, both real-time and batch
- Work with a wide variety of big data related technologies such as Elasticsearch, Kafka/Confluent platforms, Spark, Storm, Flume, Sqoop, Oozie, Snowflake, Talend, among others.
- Work on cloud platforms like GCP BigQuery, AWS Lambda, Kinesis, AWS EMR, etc
- Work in an agile environment
- Build world class data pipelines and highly performant data transformations
- Ensure data quality and help in achieving data governance
- Communicate results and impact to business stakeholders.
- Collaborate with other teams to tailor data products accordingly.
- At least 3 – 5 years of big data work experience
- Degrees preferably in computer science, applied mathematics, or other IT and Engineering disciplines.
- Experience with open source tools
- Very strong programmer (in Java or Scala), knowledge of Python or R is a plus.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas in data to relevant stakeholders.
- Working knowledge of SQL and manipulating large structured or unstructured datasets for analysis.
- Working knowledge of at least one of Tableau, Kibana/Grafana, MSTR, Looker, SSRS
- Strong architecture background
- Well versed with various computer science/programming algorithms.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- A passion for empirical research and for answering hard questions with data.
- Proven record of solving challenging problems in academia and/or industry.
- Eagerness to collaborate with both technical and non-technical colleagues across various organizations.
Meet Some of Bankrate.com's Employees
Client Service Representative
As a client service representative, it’s Andy’s job to make sure Bankrate’s advertising clients stay happy as he troubleshoots their campaigns and works with the customer retention program.
Back to top