Position at Bankrate, Inc
The successful candidate will be a member of Bankrate’s Corporate Division accounting team
Key activities will include assisting in the preparation and review of monthly financial statements and auditor specific support on a quarterly and year-end basis. Support corporate department heads in the monthly review of financial performance actuals to budget, forecast and prior year. Preparing journal entries, accruals and balance sheet account reconciliations as well as assembling supporting documentation. Develop, update and document business processes in order to strengthen internal controls. Ensuring compliance with GAAP. Special projects as assigned.
An experienced accountant with a strong record of academic and professional achievements. Candidates must possess very strong analytical skills, general ledger accounting and system skills (US GAAP, ERP systems and Microsoft Excel). Candidates must have a very strong process orientation and enthusiasm for leveraging technology. The successful candidate must be high energy and capable of working and communicating with people across all levels in our organization and have ability to multi-task. The position requires a person to be collaborative and possess a positive attitude and willingness to take on responsibilities to enhance skill set and career path within the organization as needed. Additionally the candidate requires the mindset and desire to “make a difference” every working day.
- Critical thinking, analytic and problem-solving skills along with an ability to make recommendations
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple, high priority projects
- Ability to meet a constant stream of assignment deadlines
- Accuracy and a superior attention to detail
- Aptitude to improve processes through automation and streamlining
- Ability to work independently and as part of a larger team.
- Ability to meet monthly, quarterly and year-end closing deadlines
- Flexible and with an ability to take on new tasks.
- Articulate ideas clearly and to the point.
- An ability to multitask and work well at times under pressure
- Thorough understanding of US GAAP
- Exposure to SEC filing requirements ideal, but not required
- Experience with ERP systems (NetSuite a plus) and strong advanced proficiency with Excel (EG pivot tables and V-lookups)
- 3-5 years of progressive hands on accounting experience
- SEC, publicly traded company experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required
Meet Some of Bankrate.com's Employees
Client Service Representative
As a client service representative, it’s Andy’s job to make sure Bankrate’s advertising clients stay happy as he troubleshoots their campaigns and works with the customer retention program.
Back to top