Position at Wallaby
The Scrum Master acts as a servant leader, helping to remove impediments identified by the Scrum team. The Scrum Master reminds the team of the values, principals and practices that the team members have adopted. The Scrum Master facilitates the daily stand-up meeting, planning meetings, retrospectives and any discussions among development and customer team members. Scrum Master helps the team and organization to continually improve to maximize value delivered to the customer and the quality of the software.
The Scrum Master is there to help the team perform at their highest level. This involves removing any impediments to progress, facilitating meetings, and partnering with the product owner to make sure the product backlog is in good shape and ready for the next sprint.
The ideal candidate for this role should understand the responsibilities for ensuring Scrum is understood and enacted by the Scrum Team. Scrum Masters do this by ensuring that the Scrum Team adheres to Scrum theory, practices, and rules. This would include working with Business Stakeholders to increase the effectiveness of the Agile Framework across the entire organization.
- Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment.
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis of healing and problem solving.
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially with respect to release planning, grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
- Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example
- Guiding the team on how to get the most of out self-organization
- Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of
maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization.
- Must have a consuming passion to engage with a development team building excellent, world class quality software.
- First level Scrum Master certification (CSM, PSM I)
- Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least 3 + years for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness,
conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing
- Knowledge of numerous well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the
intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach(example: numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc)
- Second level Scrum Master certification (CSP, PSM II)
- Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least two years for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- Experience applying a wide variety of well documented patterns and techniques for
filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous
Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs,etc)
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills
Bankrate Credit Cards is a leading financial services technology and marketing company that provides consumers with free content, credit information, and financial insights, connects consumers with financial institutions and helps users achieve financial goals and well-being.
Our data-driven algorithmic platform analyzes information on users’ spend and reward preferences, and credit card features and loyalty programs, to optimize consumer payment choices to maximize rewards, minimize fees and interest, and improve cash flow across web and mobile consumer solutions.
We operate CreditCards.com, the leading online credit card marketplace, and a number of other great brands such as Wallaby Financial, CreditCardGuide, CreditCardForum, and more.
We power credit card information for major brands through our API and data enterprise product suite.
A subsidiary of Bankrate, Inc. (NYSE: RATE), we have offices in Austin, TX and Pasadena, CA.
This position is located in Pasadena, CA.
Back to top