Quality Assurance Engineer
Position at CreditCards.com
CreditCards.com is hiring a QA Engineer to join its team. Candidates for this position must demonstrate knowledge of all phases of software development life cycle with an emphasis on validation and deployment. A working knowledge of Quality Assurance best practices including but not limited to governance, test management and automation tools and industry standard quality is critical.
Candidates must have excellent communication and collaboration skills and be able to work with peers in other organizations as well as software developers, release leads and other testers.
About the Role:
- Design, write, execute and maintain automated test scripts for APIs, platform and UI software components that you are responsible for.
- Determine when components meet acceptable quality criteria and standards and give the go-ahead for release to production.
- Work to minimize manual testing by identifying high-ROI test cases and automating them
- Review functional and technical documentation in order to identify requirements for the creation of test plans, test cases and test scripts
- Conduct test case reviews to ensure scenarios accurately capture business functionality
- Execute all components of product testing such as functional, regression and end-to-end testing.
- Make recommendations to improve product reliability, performance, and quality assurance best practices and processes
- Investigate and evaluate new testing technologies and products for application within the environment.
- Own Continuous integration tools (Jenkins) and integrate test suite into CI cluster as applicable.
- Work collaboratively within a team of other engineers and demonstrate strong teamwork
- 3+ years hands-on experience as a QA engineer or software developer in test
- Strong understanding of QA concepts and proven abilities in the following disciplines: software testing, test case writing, and automated script development
- Strong experience in Automation tools frameworks, using Java/JUnit, TestNG, Webdriver, and PHPUnit.
- Experience with MYSQL and writing SQL
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Strong aptitude (and appetite!) for learning new technologies
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal direction
Desired Additional Skills:
- Experience using issue tracking systems (e.g. JIRA, Bugzilla, Trac, Mantis)
- Experience with continuous integration tools
- Familiarity using source code control systems, especially Git.
- Ability to analyze code from other team members
CreditCards.com is part of Bankrate Credit Cards. Bankrate Credit Cards is a leading financial services technology and marketing company that provides consumers with free content, credit information, and financial insights, connects consumers with financial institutions and helps users achieve financial goals and well-being.
Our data-driven algorithmic platform analyzes information on users’ spend and reward preferences, and credit card features and loyalty programs, to optimize consumer payment choices to maximize rewards, minimize fees and interest, and improve cash flow across web and mobile consumer solutions. We operate CreditCards.com, the leading online credit card marketplace, and a number of other great brands such as Wallaby Financial, CreditCardGuide, CreditCardForum, and more. We power credit card information for major brands through our API and data enterprise product suite.
Bankrate Credit Cards is a subsidiary of Bankrate, Inc. (NYSE: RATE) with locations in Austin, TX and Pasadena, CA.
- Flexible PTO
- Full medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- 401(k) with employer contributions of 3% fully vested immediately
- Fully stocked kitchen(with snacks and drinks), foosball, and more
PLEASE NOTE: We are looking for candidates who are not currently on any type of work Visa.
Principals Only: No Third Party Agencies/Recruiters please.
Meet Some of Bankrate.com's Employees
Client Service Representative
As a client service representative, it’s Andy’s job to make sure Bankrate’s advertising clients stay happy as he troubleshoots their campaigns and works with the customer retention program.
Back to top