Position at CreditCards.com
CreditCards.com is seeking a Platform Engineer to develop and own cutting-edge back-end services for consumer-facing financial applications. We help people get the most out of their money through smart credit card recommendations and are looking for someone to enhance that experience by creating new APIs, data models, and analytics tools.
About the Role:
- Design new API specifications for use inside and outside the organization
- Design sensible schemas and models for rendering bank data at scale
- Develop scalable API services for award-winning consumer-facing financial tools
- Build efficient systems for link tracking, click analysis, and revenue reports
- Work with product and UX team to define minimal data sets to power web views as well as partner API exchanges
- Work with engineers to propose database schema changes in both traditional MySQL and NoSQL stores
- Integrate new external APIs into platform
- Own full development requirements and implementation, release management, QA regression scripts, and deployment to production environments
- Proficiency with object-oriented back-end programming at scale, Java preferred
- Proficiency with implementing new data schemas in a database as well as the DAO layer of frameworks
- Proficiency with defining, documenting, consuming and producing RESTful APIs
- Proficiency with security requirements, authentication and authorization layers (e.g. OAuth2)
- Experience with efficient sorting and mapping strategies for large data sets
- Experience with handling scaling challenges, and continually improving algorithms from agile MVP to optimized production software
- Familiarity with BDD or other automated testing tools (e.g. Jasmine, Cucumber , Spock)
- Familiarity with how databases work, experience in a relational paradigm (e.g. MySQL) as well as NoSQL (e.g. Redis)
- Familiarity with web service delivery stacks (nginx, tomcat, thin, virtual host configuration)
- Familiarity with source control, build, and deployment tools: (GitHub, Jenkins, Maven)
- Familiarity with Linux and ability to do command-line debugging as needed
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent education and experience
- A small, agile software development team environment
- Full medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- Paid vacation
- 401(k) with employer contributions
- Snacks, drinks, foosball, and more
Bankrate Credit Cards is a leading financial services technology and marketing company that provides consumers with free content, credit information, and financial insights, connects consumers with financial institutions and helps users achieve financial goals and well-being
Our data-driven algorithmic platform analyzes information on users’ spend and reward preferences, and credit card features and loyalty programs, to optimize consumer payment choices to maximize rewards, minimize fees and interest, and improve cash flow across web and mobile consumer solutions.
We operate CreditCards.com, the leading online credit card marketplace, and a number of other great brands such as Wallaby Financial, CreditCardGuide, CreditCardForum, and more.
We power credit card information for major brands through our API and data enterprise product suite.
A subsidiary of Bankrate, Inc. (NYSE: RATE)., we have offices in Austin, TX and Pasadena, CA.
Back to top