Position at BankRate.com
Join us! Bankrate.com looking for a creative editor who can craft the perfect content experience for our skyrocketing email newsletter program.
We’re looking for a highly skilled, experienced publications editor who writes amazing subject lines and headlines and knows how to create consistency and brand voice across all newsletter efforts. The editor will guide email best practices, set strategy, identify potential new emails to launch and will lead testing of the programs.
He or she will drive the overall email communication strategy that includes various email types, including newsletters, reactivation campaigns, automated triggered campaigns and marketing standalone communications. The ideal candidate is a writer as much as he or she is an editor and a true champion of the customer and customer experience. His or her approach centers on the customer, but seeks to maximize the marketing effectiveness of communications.
The candidate has a keen eye for building engaging content and an affinity for email marketing. The role includes working with social media, content producers, sales and marketing to incorporate the teams and emails in a holistic way. The editor will also work with the product and marketing departments to develop communications that support lifecycle initiatives, product launches and feature adoption. Ideal candidates must be able to work with multiple departments to manage by influence to develop the best content approach for all Bankrate newsletters.
The position can be based in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, New York City or Washington, DC.
- Curate, assign and write a stream of interesting content that will generate engagement, increase open rates and drive page views.
- Help set the strategy for Bankrate’s email offerings, and communicate it internally with the newsletter team.
- Write highly engaging headlines and subject lines.
- Pitch trending email topics and continually look for ways to push breaking and/or viral stories forward with new angles.
- Respond quickly to breaking news and market dynamics, and thrive under pressure.
- Evaluate metrics in making content decisions.
- Build positive working relationships with other staff members and work collaboratively on enterprising content.
- Demonstrate solid editorial news judgment.
- Demonstrate knowledge of email best practices and AP style.
- Be comfortable adapting to changes in evolving industry.
- Represent Bankrate as a spokesperson to other media.
- Attend industry conferences to speak about personal finance and email topics.
- Create emails for one-off features, contests, marketing and special requests.
- Know the latest trends and best practices in effectively leveraging social media to generate buzz, build awareness and engage a digital audience.
- Have a flair for product marketing and help create corporate and product positioning and messaging.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a newsletter editor.
- Minimum 2+ years of email marketing experience.
- Expertise in data-driven marketing and customer segmentation. Prefer making decisions based on deep analysis.
- Knowledge of email best practices including subject lines, messaging, segmentation, and CAN-SPAM/anti-spam laws.
- Proven track record of creating campaigns that drive conversions and minimize churn.
- Strong understanding of customer lifecycle marketing, segmentation and testing strategies.
- Intellectual horsepower, natural curiosity and a desire to learn.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
To apply, please include resume, cover letter in the style of an email newsletter, relevant links and 3-5 examples of work that demonstrates you can take interesting, unique or fun angles to content. The applications should be digital in their orientation and delivery.
Back to top