Newsletter and Content Feeds Editor
Position at BankRate.com
Join us! Bankrate.com is looking for a creative editor who can help craft the perfect content experience for our skyrocketing email newsletter program and oversee feeds of Bankrate content to partners and customers.
We’re looking for a highly skilled, experienced publications editor who writes amazing subject lines and headlines and knows how to create consistency and brand voice. The editor will guide email best practices, set strategy, identify potential new emails to launch and will lead testing of the programs.
He or she will help drive the overall email communication strategy that includes various email types, including newsletters, reactivation campaigns, automated triggered campaigns and marketing standalone communications. The ideal candidate is a writer as much as he or she is an editor and a true champion of the customer and customer experience.
The editor also oversees new and improved content feeds for partners and customers, working directly with them to help meet their needs with Bankrate’s award-winning stories and videos. A big part of the feeds communications will involve consistent emails that go to all B2B partners and other outlets.
The role includes working with social media, SEO, content producers, business development, sales and marketing. Ideal candidates must be able to work with multiple departments to manage by influence to develop the best content approach for all Bankrate newsletters and feeds.
The position can be based in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, New York City or Washington, DC.
- Curate, assign and help write a stream of interesting content that will generate engagement, increase open rates and drive page views.
- Oversee Bankrate’s new content feeds and work directly with customers from leading outlets and publications to ensure their content needs are met.
- Develop consistent communications with B2B partners about the feeds.
- Work with business development on new content relationships.
- Help set the strategy for Bankrate’s email offerings, and communicate it internally with the newsletter team.
- Write highly engaging headlines and subject lines.
- Pitch trending email topics and continually look for ways to push breaking and/or viral stories forward with new angles.
- Respond quickly to breaking news and market dynamics, and thrive under pressure.
- Evaluate metrics in making content decisions.
- Build positive working relationships with other staff members and work collaboratively on enterprising content.
- Demonstrate solid editorial news judgment.
- Demonstrate knowledge of email best practices and AP style.
- Be comfortable adapting to changes in evolving industry.
- Represent Bankrate as a spokesperson to other media.
- Attend industry conferences to speak about personal finance and email topics.
- Create emails for one-off features, contests, marketing and special requests.
- Know the latest trends and best practices in effectively leveraging social media to generate buzz, build awareness and engage a digital audience.
- Have a flair for product marketing and help create corporate and product positioning and messaging.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a newsletter editor.
- Minimum 1+ years of email marketing experience.
- Familiarity with xml, rss and feeds.
- Familiarity with content partnerships and relationships.
- Expertise in data-driven marketing and customer segmentation. Prefer making decisions based on deep analysis.
- Knowledge of email best practices including subject lines, messaging, segmentation, and CAN-SPAM/anti-spam laws.
- Proven track record of creating campaigns that drive conversions and minimize churn.
- Strong understanding of customer lifecycle marketing, segmentation and testing strategies.
- Intellectual horsepower, natural curiosity and a desire to learn.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
To apply, please include resume, cover letter in the style of an email newsletter, relevant links and 3-5 examples of work that demonstrates you can take interesting, unique or fun angles to content. The applications should be digital in their orientation and delivery.
Meet Some of Bankrate.com's Employees
Client Service Representative
As a client service representative, it’s Andy’s job to make sure Bankrate’s advertising clients stay happy as he troubleshoots their campaigns and works with the customer retention program.
Back to top