Mortgage, Housing and Financial Planning Editor
Position at Bankrate.com
Bankrate.com is on the hunt for a top-notch Mortgage, Housing and Financial Planning Editor with great writing, editing and people skills, who wants to develop a fantastic team. This is an important lead editor position -- innovating with and managing the in-house reporting team for one of the most authoritative publications in the personal finance industry.
Ideal candidates will have experience editing content for consumers and innovating award-winning stories and projects. Social media experience is essential, as is familiarity with writing for search optimization.
As our Mortgage, Housing and Financial Planning Editor, you'll be charged with managing the writing staff for these beats, conceptualizing and executing online stories about personal finance from a consumer standpoint, and consistently improving the quality of Bankrate's editorial coverage. You'll be expected to utilize current media trends to up the Bankrate editorial game -- pitching, assigning and editing stories that reach a target audience.
About the Role:
- Manage, coordinate and edit all coverage from writers producing content about financial planning, mortgage, housing and real estate topics.
- Understand metrics on our storytelling and allow them to help inform our decisions.
- Consistently improve the quality of Bankrate's content.
- Actively follow and assign content on personal finance topics and trends.
- Be engaged and active in social media, staying current with trends in social media.
- Understand SEO value and employ best practices for SEO.
- Knowledgeable of the personal finance and content industries. In-depth knowledge of mortgage, housing and financial planning.
- Thorough understanding of business topics.
- Minimum 2 years' experience as an editor and manager.
- Strong knowledge of AP style.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
Meet Some of Bankrate.com's Employees
Client Service Representative
As a client service representative, it’s Andy’s job to make sure Bankrate’s advertising clients stay happy as he troubleshoots their campaigns and works with the customer retention program.
Back to top