Mobile Engineer - Android
Position at Wallaby
Join Wallaby Financial and build the world's best mobile personal finance apps. Our technology helps people maximize their credit card rewards, monitor their credit, and manage their spending. We are looking for someone to enhance that experience for our Android users. If you have a "get-stuff-done" mentality and love writing native mobile applications, implementing wireframes, mastering new mobile technologies, and releasing frequently to the Play Store, then we want to hear from you.
About the Role:
- Develop native mobile applications on Android using wireframes and assets provided by our UX Team
- Contribute to development of our mobile SDK for Android
- Help our business partners leverage our Android applications
- Work closely with our Platform Team to implement APIs that provide the key data needed for mobile applications, and suggest improvements as needed
- Integrate third party APIs into mobile apps as needed
- Work with product team to best meet our users' needs
- Demonstrable expertise building, releasing, and supporting native Android apps throughout the product lifecycle
- Practical experience consuming RESTful JSON-based APIs in Android apps
- Expert knowledge of Android Studio
- Familiarity with 3rd-party technologies like Realm, Retrofit, okHTTP, RxJava, GSON
- Interest in and knowledge of Material Design
- Familiarity with source control using git + GitHub
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without restrictions
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent education and experience; M.S. preferred
- A small, agile software development team environment
- Full medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- Paid vacation
- 401(k) with employer contributions
- Snacks, drinks, foosball, and more
- Wallaby Financial helps consumers get the most out of their credit cards by optimizing usage based on individual preferences. Through our products, you can optimize your credit card usage for rewards, credit limit, statement due date, linked bonuses, and other factors.
- Wallaby is available for your smartphone, your web browser, and your wearable devices.
- Wallaby Financial Inc. is a subsidiary of Bankrate, Inc. (NYSE: RATE).
This position is located in Pasadena, CA.
Principals Only Please.
Meet Some of Bankrate.com's Employees
Client Service Representative
As a client service representative, it’s Andy’s job to make sure Bankrate’s advertising clients stay happy as he troubleshoots their campaigns and works with the customer retention program.
Back to top