Lead DevOps Engineer
Position at Wallaby
We're looking for an experienced and excited full-stack developer with a flair for cloud operations!
Our dynamic office environment and diverse workforce is full of exciting people and interesting challenges. We are a multidisciplinary technology shop producing personal finance products for web and mobile platforms. We need a sharp engineer with deep experience in cloud implementation, process automation, abstraction layer technologies, and continuous integration/deployment. Ours is a collaborative work environment with a casual open office and a crew of committed geeks!
If this sounds like you, we could be your perfect match:
- Resolves technical issues found in production with immediate and long term solutions. Conveys problems, solutions, updates and project status to peers, customers and management.
- Develops code, tests, debugs, maintains, modifies, and installs complex software programs. Uses knowledge of available utilities to simplify tasks. Applies structured programming techniques and adheres to coding standards. Collaborates with development and QA to ensure that features and functions are preserved and enhanced by processes introduced by the DevOps team.
- Produces comprehensive documentation of solutions and problem/issue analysis
- Performs research on emerging technologies and make recommendations about adoption
- Prepares accurate time estimates for assigned tasks. Attends post-implementation reviews
- Maintains "infrastructure as code" in github; design and operate automated solutions to integrate virtualization layers with supported software/applications.
- Fulfills the role of thought leader; advocates for sensible changes with follow-through to development, product, and operations teams. Encourages best practice by insuring that changes are tested and recorded to the code base and/or process changes are documented appropriately in a timely fashion.
- Creates scripts, tools, utilities and/or code to address issues with new projects and to resolve existing operational procedures.
- Collaborates with Operations and Development teams for product design and integration; consults with Networking and IT engineers on architecture design considerations.
- Acts as liaison between multiple departments, especially IT, communicating system changes and mitigating possible issues that may affect product, etc. Evangelize infrastructure changes across the development and QA teams and work to obtain required validation in a timely fashion.
Bankrate Credit Cards is a leading financial services technology and marketing company that provides consumers with free content, credit information, and financial insights, connects consumers with financial institutions and helps users achieve financial goals and well-being
Our data-driven algorithmic platform analyzes information on users' spend and reward preferences, and credit card features and loyalty programs, to optimize consumer payment choices to maximize rewards, minimize fees and interest, and improve cash flow across web and mobile consumer solutions.
We operate CreditCards.com, the leading online credit card marketplace, and a number of other great brands such as Wallaby Financial, CreditCardGuide, CreditCardForum, and more.
We power credit card information for major brands through our API and data enterprise product suite.
A subsidiary of Bankrate, Inc. (NYSE: RATE)., we have offices in Austin, TX and Pasadena, CA.
NOTE: This position is located in Pasadena, CA.
- Flexible PTO
- Full medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- 401(k) with employer contributions of 3% fully vested immediately
- Fully stocked kitchen(with snacks and drinks), foosball, and more
PLEASE NOTE: We are looking for candidates who are not currently on any type of work Visa.
Principals Only: No Third Party Agencies/Recruiters please.
Meet Some of Bankrate.com's Employees
Client Support Specialist
As a Client Support Specialist, it’s Andy’s job to make sure Bankrate’s advertising clients stay happy as he troubleshoots their campaigns and works with the customer retention program.
Back to top