Front-End Engineer(Mid to Senior Level)
Position at CreditCards.com
CreditCards.com is seeking a Front-End Engineer to develop and own consumer-facing financial web applications. We help people get the most out of their money through smart credit card recommendations.
We are looking for someone who loves responsive design and cutting-edge frameworks for transforming complex data into beautiful views.
This position is located in Austin, Texas.
About the Role:
- Develop responsive front-end views for award-winning consumer-facing financial tools
- Build custom drop-in containers for front-end features that are reusable across sites
- Work with best-in-breed frameworks for styling, layouts, and navigation flows
- Work with UX and design team to transform wireframes into living products
- Integrate new external APIs into platform
- Own full web development requirements and implementation, release management, QA regression scripts, and deployment to production environments
- Must have 3+ years direct, professional experience
- Proficiency with an MVC web framework (e.g. Python Django, Ruby on Rails, or PHP)
- Proficiency with HTML5 and mobile-friendly responsive design
- Proficiency with consuming and producing RESTful APIs
- Proficiency with task runners and asset pipeline tools (e.g. Gulp)
- Familiarity with BDD or other automated testing tools (e.g. Jasmine, Cucumber)
- Familiarity with CSS extension technologies (e.g. less, SASS)
- Familiarity with web service delivery stacks (nginx, passenger, virtual host configuration)
- Familiarity with source control and deployment tools: (GitHub, Jenkins, Maven)
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent education and experience
CreditCards.com helps millions of people cut through the crazy confusing world of credit and make the best financial decisions in life. Part of Bankrate, Inc. (NYSE: RATE), we bring consumers and card issuers together. Our site is a free online resource where consumers can compare hundreds of credit card offers by category, including low interest credit cards, credit cards with rewards programs, airline credit cards, cash back credit cards, small business credit cards, student credit cards, instant approval credit cards as well as prepaid debit cards. Our mission is to provide consumers with the largest variety of credit card offers online, and to enable smart selection and use of cards by offering news, advice, features and tools. Over one million unique users access our web site each month. CreditCards.com is based in Austin, Texas.
A subsidiary of Bankrate, Inc. (NYSE: RATE)., we have offices in Austin, TX and Pasadena, CA.
- A small, agile software development team environment
- Full medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- Paid vacation
- 401(k) with employer contributions
- Snacks, drinks, foosball, and more
PLEASE NOTE: We are currently looking for Texas candidates only. You must currently live in the State of Texas to be considered.
Back to top