Position at CreditCards.com
CreditCards.com is seeking a Front-End Engineer to develop and own consumer-facing financial web applications. We help people get the most out of their money through smart credit card recommendations. We are looking for someone who loves responsive design and cutting-edge frameworks for transforming complex data into beautiful views.
This position is located in Austin, Texas.
About the Role:
- Develop responsive front-end views for award-winning consumer-facing financial tools
- Build custom drop-in containers for front-end features that are reusable across sites
- Work with best-in-breed frameworks for styling, layouts, and navigation flows
- Work with UX and design team to transform wireframes into living products
- Integrate new external APIs into platform
- Own full web development requirements and implementation, release management, QA regression scripts, and deployment to production environments
- Experience with some/all of the following frameworks: AJAX, Angular, Ember, React or jQuery
- Proficiency in Node.js and one or more templating engines (e.g. handlebars, nunjucks, twig, etc.)
- Proficiency in consuming, debugging and exploring REST API's.
- Proficiency with HTML5 and mobile-friendly responsive design
- Proficiency with consuming and producing RESTful APIs
- Proficiency with task runners and asset pipeline tools (e.g. npm, Gulp)
- Familiarity with CSS extension technologies (e.g. less, SASS, bootstrap)
- Familiarity with web service delivery stacks (nginx, express, virtual host configuration)
- Fluent at using Git
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Strong cross-team communication and collaboration skills
- S. in Computer Science or equivalent education and experience
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with a static site generator: (Jekyll, Hexo, Hugo, Middleman, etc.)
- Familiarity with a backend MVC framework like Rails or Django.
- Experience with a minimalist backend framework like Express, Sinatra, Flask, or an API framework like ActionHero
- Experience working in the cloud, especially as it pertains to the front end: (Amazon S3 or Azure Blob, Cloudfront, Cloudflare, Fastly, etc.)
- Experience using databases, key-value stores, and message queues: Redis, NoSQL, Neo4j a plus.
- Good working knowledge of HTTP
Bankrate Credit Cards is a leading financial services technology and marketing company that provides consumers with free content, credit information, and financial insights, connects consumers with financial institutions and helps users achieve financial goals and well-being.
Our data-driven algorithmic platform analyzes information on users' spend and reward preferences, and credit card features and loyalty programs, to optimize consumer payment choices to maximize rewards, minimize fees and interest, and improve cash flow across web and mobile consumer solutions.
We operate CreditCards.com, the leading online credit card marketplace, and a number of other great brands such as Wallaby Financial, CreditCardGuide, CreditCardForum, and more. We power credit card information for major brands through our API and data enterprise product suite.
A subsidiary of Bankrate, Inc. (NYSE: RATE), we have offices in Austin, TX and Pasadena, CA.
- A small, agile software development team environment
- Full medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- Paid vacation
- 401(k) with employer contributions
- Snacks, drinks, foosball, and more
PLEASE NOTE: We are looking for candidates who are not currently on any type of work Visa.
Principals Only: No Third Party Agencies/Recruiters please.
Meet Some of Bankrate.com's Employees
Client Service Representative
As a client service representative, it’s Andy’s job to make sure Bankrate’s advertising clients stay happy as he troubleshoots their campaigns and works with the customer retention program.
Back to top