FinTech / Social Media Money Reporter and Analyst
Bankrate.com is looking for a sharp, innovative reporter who can blog and produce content about consumer use of fintech and social media in making financial decisions. The position will be based in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida.
Ideal candidates will have experience producing content across multiple platforms for consumers and developing relevant sources. The reporter must have at least a year of experience at a professional media outlet. The reporter will develop and write engaging articles, quizzes and interactive features, in addition to being involved in Bankrate’s video and social media content. The reporter will respond quickly to news events, explaining to consumers how it affects them. Social media experience is essential, as is familiarity with writing for search optimization.
The reporter must clearly understand and closely follow social and fintech finance topics. The ideal candidate thinks beyond the news, detecting trends and predicting unintended consequences and benefits. Bankrate coverage of fintech and social media for finance is not about the venture capitalists or the company valuations – but about the consumer use of the products and the tools in the new age of personal finance.
We are seeking a reporter who is or can become an expert on personal finance, and has a passion for great, innovative storytelling across any platform.
- Curate and aggregate a stream of interesting content that will generate engagement, increase social media influence and draw page views.
- Pitch trending story topics and continually look for ways to push breaking and/or viral stories forward with new angles.
- Respond quickly to breaking news and thrive under pressure.
- Evaluate website metrics in making content decisions.
- Build positive working relationships with other editorial staff members and work collaboratively on enterprising content.
- Demonstrate solid editorial news judgment and reporting skills.
- Demonstrate knowledge of SEO best practices and AP style.
- Must be comfortable adapting to changes in evolving industry.
Represent Bankrate as a spokesperson to other media.
Attend industry conferences to speak about personal finance topics.
- Create content for one-off features and special requests.
- Knowledgeable of the personal finance space.
- Thorough understanding of personal finance.
- Minimum 1 year experience as a reporter/writer.
- Strong knowledge of AP style.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
To apply, please include resume, cover letter, relevant links and 3-5 examples of work that demonstrates you can take interesting, unique or fun angles to content. The applications should be digital in their orientation and delivery.
Back to top