Financial Products Writer and Reviewer
Position at Bankrate.com
Bankrate is looking for an experienced data-driven content producer to establish criteria and write content ranking financial products.
Yeah, you will cover deals in the banking, investments, credit cards and related spaces. But we don’t want boring coverage that everyone else has. You’ll also author reviews on offers and be looked to as an innovator in how we produce content about financial products. You will be a consumer watchdog, establishing metrics readers need to make good financial decisions, and you’ll guide them through the process. We want rankings of what works and what doesn’t, and what’s best for consumers.
You must have experience writing for consumers, analyzing data and must clearly understand and closely follow the banking, investments and credit cards industries.
You must have at least 2 years of experience at a professional media outlet.
Our staff includes award-winning writers and editors who have passion for personal finance. Together, we want to help readers navigate life’s financial journey. We want you to be or evolve as the authority on financial offers. We want you to have a passion for the subject and be willing to give advice and share your experiences with readers. And we want you to have a passion for great, innovative storytelling across any platform, with the desire to keep learning and improving.
The position can be based Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, New York City or Washington, DC.
- Create methodologies, capture data points and rank financial products with authority.
- Actively follow the banking and credit card industries and cultivate relationships and sources.
- Respond quickly to breaking news and thrive under pressure.
- Evaluate website metrics to make content decisions.
- Write stories, blogs and related content.
- Demonstrate versatility to turn around story ideas very quickly and explore complex topics in long-form enterprising work.
- Must be comfortable adapting to changes in evolving industry.
- Demonstrate knowledge of SEO best practices and AP style.
- Represent Bankrate as a spokesperson in Bankrate videos and to other media.
- Digital media/online reporting experience.
- Excellent research, reporting and writing skills.
- Knowledge of excel and related data tools.
- Experience with data gathering and knowledge of financial products.
- Thorough understanding of personal finance.
- 2 years’ experience as a reporter/writer.
- Strong knowledge of AP style.
- Experience with basic HTML and web-based CMS.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Currently active in social media.
- Knowledge of SEO in relation to content.
To apply, please include resume, cover letter, relevant links and 3-5 examples of work that demonstrates you can take interesting, unique or fun angles to content. The applications should be digital in their orientation and delivery.
Meet Some of Bankrate.com's Employees
Client Service Representative
As a client service representative, it’s Andy’s job to make sure Bankrate’s advertising clients stay happy as he troubleshoots their campaigns and works with the customer retention program.
Back to top