Editorial Intern - Points and Miles
Position at The Points Guy
The Points Guy is the leading site devoted to helping its 3.3+ monthly million readers around the world maximize their travel and stay up to date on travel news. Founded in 2010 and owned by publicly traded Bankrate (NYSE: RATE), TPG is excited to launch Points Proteges Program for Summer Interns, 2017.
The editorial intern will monitor travel industry news and brand announcements, research various topics and write daily news posts for the site--quick turnaround time often required. The intern will also help produce posts in Wordpress (knowledge of Photoshop is appreciated) and work alongside the social media team to review and respond to reader comments.
- Write and Produce posts in WordPress
- Research and evaluate daily news posts for the website
- Photoshop assistance with daily post
- Contribute to larger editorial brainstorms for new and exciting content
- Review and respond to reader comments
- Ability to work from our NYC office (we are moving to the Flatiron District in Manhattan)
- Excellent organization, writing and interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of social platforms and applications
- Knowledge of points and miles is a plus, but not mandatory
- Experience working on a college news website or other editorial team preferred
- Teamwork mindset
- Love of travel
- Natural curiosity about the world
- Photography/video skills appreciated
Meet Some of Bankrate.com's Employees
Client Service Representative
As a client service representative, it’s Andy’s job to make sure Bankrate’s advertising clients stay happy as he troubleshoots their campaigns and works with the customer retention program.
Back to top