Director, Quality Assurance
Position at CreditCards.com
CreditCards.com is seeking a Director of Quality Assurance to manage all aspects of software testing and compliance. We help people get the most out of their money through smart credit card recommendations and are looking for someone to enhance that experience by facilitating the shipping of higher quality products and guiding the organization’s overall testing philosophy.
Leaders in our organization must both teach and learn. You’ll be a key member of the technology team helping us to complete our roadmap. We expect you to lead by example and be capable of acting as a senior level individual contributor and collaborate with our development, operations, and product teams as well as business stakeholders across our partners.
About the Role:
- This is a hands-on role
- Provide leadership to a group of QA engineers in an innovative and fast-paced environment: articulate a vision and lead the team in implementing it
- Own and drive complex test strategies and sample data sets from the planning stage through execution
- Work with product management to ensure requirements have testing plans and what constitutes alpha, beta, staging, and release candidates for key consumer-facing products
- Work with engineers and operations to ensure test environments have the proper data sets to automate and reset testing scenarios
- Use off-the-shelf, open-source, or custom built software tools as necessary to automate regression testing for different use cases
- Work with outside organizations for “bug bounty” curated mobile/website testing
- Manage a team of 5 to 8 QA engineers
- Manage career planning, performance reviews, and human resources matters
- Act as advocate for your team during resource planning activities
- Build your team: recruit, hire, and train new QA engineers
- Maintain a positive and productive atmosphere for the team to work in
- This position is in Austin, TX
- Team leadership experience
- 8+ years of experience as a QA engineer or 3+ years of hands-on experience as a software developer in test
- Experience with the concepts of “black box” and “gray box” testing
- Passion for advocating QA as an essential part of the Product Management and Software Development Lifecycle, planning test strategies in parallel with requirements and initial software development
- Ability to articulate metrics for higher quality assurance as various product lines continue to add features
- Understanding of nested or relational data models and how to generate large mock data sets for testing
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, and ability to meticulously describe steps to reproduce bugs
- Experience with Behavior Driven Development (BDD) via User Stories a plus
- Roots in technology, working closely with software development teams
- Passion for developing people
- Ability to connect with people and promote a developer focused culture
- Experience building high performance teams
- Experience working within an agile environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Bankrate Credit Cards is a leading financial services technology and marketing company that provides consumers with free content, credit information, and financial insights, connects consumers with financial institutions and helps users achieve financial goals and well-being.
Our data-driven algorithmic platform analyzes information on users’ spend and reward preferences, and credit card features and loyalty programs, to optimize consumer payment choices to maximize rewards, minimize fees and interest, and improve cash flow across web and mobile consumer solutions.
We operate CreditCards.com, the leading online credit card marketplace, and a number of other great brands such as Wallaby Financial, CreditCardGuide, CreditCardForum, and more.
We power credit card information for major brands through our API and data enterprise product suite.
A subsidiary of Bankrate, Inc. (NYSE: RATE), we have offices in Austin, TX and Pasadena, CA.
This position is located in Austin, TX.
- Flexible PTO
- Full medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- 401(k) with employer contributions of 3% fully vested immediately
- Fully stocked kitchen(with snacks and drinks), foosball, and more
PLEASE NOTE: We are looking for candidates who are not currently on any type of work Visa.
Principals Only: No Third Party Agencies/Recruiters please.
Meet Some of Bankrate.com's Employees
Client Service Representative
As a client service representative, it’s Andy’s job to make sure Bankrate’s advertising clients stay happy as he troubleshoots their campaigns and works with the customer retention program.
Back to top