Position at Bankrate.com
The ideal candidate will have a deep technical understanding of Linux operating systems and at least an intermediate understanding of Windows operating systems, strong experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), advanced scripting skills, experience with variety of monitoring solutions, deep understanding of network communications and have excellent troubleshooting skills.
This person will interact with people at all levels and in all departments. Strong communication skills are a must along with having the ability play well with others.
This individual will be responsible for promoting a collaborative and communicative culture between Enginering, Operations, and Product by providing automation and instrumentation to improve productivity, reduce risk, and achieve scale.
- Develop, configure and install tools to enhance the software development lifecycle.
- Manage software releases.
- Manage our deployment & configuration across production, staging, and dev/test environment servers.
- Create repeatable, reliable processes for software deployment.
- Perform ad hoc queries on production data.
- Ensure test systems properly emulate production systems.
- Monitor application performance with predefined tools or create new tools as needed.
- Develop automated monitors for performance and quality.
- Manage tools for static code analysis and automated testing through continuous integration.
- Gather metrics for reporting and analysis.
- Enable continuous improvement of our tools and processes.
- Participate in on-call rotation and provide hands-on support during emergencies, outages, and service transitions.
- Researching production problems and finding root causes in order to facilitate repairs by developers.
- Take ownership of the process and problems and see them through to satisfactory resolutions.
Desired skills and experience:
- Experience managing applications running in a Linux environment.
- Experience administering software and server deployments in an open source ecosystem.
- Skilled in AWS development, configuration and deployment including VPC, EC2, S3, Route53, and scalable infrastructure.
- Experience with Python, PHP, and/or C#.NET.
- Strong scripting skills (Bash, Python, Powershell) with the ability to develop ad hoc tools.
- Familiarity with "infrastructure as code" best practices using tools like Terraform and CloudFormation.
- Experience working with database systems.
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available environment.
- Experience with source control management practices and tools, preferably with Git.
- Experience with agile methodologies and a rapid development cycle.
- A minimum of four years of experience working with product development and operations teams in a DevOps or a similar role.
- Detailed analytical and diagnostic skills is a must.
- Network engineering concepts (e.g. - Firewalls, Load Balancers, CDNs).
- Configuration management tools such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible.
- Continuous integration and build tools like Jenkins,Maven, Grunt, etc.
- Knowledge of container technologies such as Docker.
- Knowledge of monitoring and analytics tools such as DataDog, CloudWatch, and Nagios.
Meet Some of Bankrate.com's Employees
Client Service Representative
As a client service representative, it’s Andy’s job to make sure Bankrate’s advertising clients stay happy as he troubleshoots their campaigns and works with the customer retention program.
Back to top