Position at CreditCards.com
Using data to improve processes and drive business goals something you love? CreditCards.com is looking for a passionate Data Scientist to turn data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions.
Reporting to the VP, Business Intelligence & Data Analytics, this position is located near the Arboretum area in Austin, Texas.
About the Role:
- Acquire data from various data sources and maintain databases/data systems.
- Identify, analyze and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Assist in interpreting and validating A/B test results across various web properties.
- Develop interactive dashboards, reports, and analysis templates using internal tools.
- Responsible for predictive modeling, clustering analysis, attribution analysis, and anomaly detection.
- Participate in strategic and tactical planning discussions – interface with business customers, gathering requirements and delivering complete reporting solutions.
- 2+ years of relevant, professional experience in a data science, business analytics, business intelligence or comparable data engineering role, including data warehousing and business intelligence tools, techniques and technology
- Predictive modeling or machine learning is A MUST HAVE
- Staistical analysis experience
- Tableau experience is a plus
- Python experience is a plus
- Familiarity with web based businesses is a plus
- Excel power user (pivots, lookups, you name it…you dream in Excel spreadsheets)
- Versed in extracting data from a database via retrieval queries
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills as you’ll work cross-functionally across the organization (marketing, finance, sales, etc.—you will work with every department)
- A/B test experience is a plus
- Must be an analytical and creative thinker: wherever possible, you look to resolve questions through data and measurement
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy – you will be collecting, organizing, analyzing and disseminating significant amounts of information on which business decisions will be made
- You are skilled at being a storyteller with data
- Online web analytics experience preferred but not required (measuring and tracking website behavior, interaction, pathing and fallout)
Other Desired Tools/Languages:
- Adobe Marketing Cloud (SiteCatalyst, Audience Manager, Dataworkbench, etc.)
- SQL (we use MySQL in house)
- R, SAS, Python or other statistical packages/languages desired
- Experience with BI tools (Tableau, SiSense, etc)
Sponsorship is not available for this position.About Us:
Bankrate Credit Cards is a leading financial services technology and marketing company that provides consumers with free content, credit information, and financial insights, connects consumers with financial institutions and helps users achieve financial goals and well-being.
Our data-driven algorithmic platform analyzes information on users’ spend and reward preferences, and credit card features and loyalty programs, to optimize consumer payment choices to maximize rewards, minimize fees and interest, and improve cash flow across web and mobile consumer solutions.
We operate CreditCards.com, the leading online credit card marketplace, and a number of other great brands such as Wallaby Financial, CreditCardGuide, CreditCardForum, and more.
We power credit card information for major brands through our API and data enterprise product suite.
A subsidiary of Bankrate, Inc. (NYSE: RATE)., we have offices in Austin, TX and Pasadena, CA.
- Flexible PTO
- Full medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- 401(k) with employer contributions of 3% fully vested immediately
- Fully stocked kitchen(with snacks and drinks), foosball, and more
PLEASE NOTE: We are looking for candidates who are not currently on any type of work Visa.
Principals Only: No Third Party Agencies/Recruiters please.
Meet Some of Bankrate.com's Employees
Client Service Representative
As a client service representative, it’s Andy’s job to make sure Bankrate’s advertising clients stay happy as he troubleshoots their campaigns and works with the customer retention program.
Back to top