Position at Bankrate.com
Bankrate is a technology company committed to producing the most reliable, personalizable and highest quality content and data to serve the financial needs of consumers. We rely on a talented team of expert technologists who help Bankrate learn from a wide variety of data, both internal and external, as well as structured, semi structured and unstructured sources of data. Bankrate seeks a passionate Data Engineer to join its top notch Data Engineering team to help build out a world class data platform to enable reporting, data sciences, and analytics to meet its challenges.
- Create and manage data pipelines using methods such as stream processing.
- Author data services using a variety of programming languages.
- Work with a wide variety of data related technologies such as Elasticsearch, Kafka/Kinesis platforms, Spark, Snowflake, and others.
- Work in an agile environment
- Ensure data quality and help in achieving data governance
- Communicate results and impact to business stakeholders.
- Collaborate with other teams to tailor data products accordingly.
- At least 3 - 5 years of data engineering experience.
- Working knowledge of cloud architecture, preferably AWS.
- Very strong programmer, knowledge of Python, Golang, Node, or Scala are preferred.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas in data to relevant stakeholders.
- Experience with SQL
- NoSQL architecture background is a plus.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- A passion for empirical research and for answering hard questions with data.
- Proven record of solving challenging problems in academia and/or industry.
- Eagerness to collaborate with both technical and non-technical colleagues across various organizations.
Meet Some of Bankrate.com's Employees
Client Service Representative
As a client service representative, it’s Andy’s job to make sure Bankrate’s advertising clients stay happy as he troubleshoots their campaigns and works with the customer retention program.
Back to top