Corporate Manager Financial Reporting
Position at Bankrate, Inc
The successful candidate will be a member of Bankrate’s Corporate accounting team. This position will report to the Senior Director of General Accounting.
Key activities will include the coordination and monitoring of all divisional and corporate required monthly, quarter-end and year-end financial reporting workstream deliverables, including requests from internal and external auditors to ensure completion in a timely manner. Preparation and review of monthly financial statements and supporting analytical commentary. Preparation and review of key balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis. Support corporate department heads in the monthly review of financial performance actuals to budget, forecast and prior year. Support employee stock compensation accounting workstream. Facilitate the gathering of information used to prepare SEC filing requirements as well as reviewing schedules and commentary for accuracy and completeness. Documentation of controls for SOX compliance purposes. Develop, update and document business processes in order to strengthen internal controls. Ensuring compliance with GAAP. Manage a staff of up to two employees supporting the corporate accounting operations workstream. Special projects as assigned.
An experienced accountant with a strong record of academic and professional achievements. Candidates must possess very strong analytical skills, general ledger accounting and system skills (US GAAP, ERP systems and Microsoft Excel). Candidates must have a very strong process orientation and enthusiasm for leveraging technology. The successful candidate must be high energy and capable of working and communicating with people across all levels in our organization and have ability to multi-task. The position requires a person to be collaborative and possess a positive attitude and willingness to take on responsibilities to enhance skill set and career path within the organization as needed. Additionally the candidate requires the mindset and desire to “make a difference” every working day.
- Critical thinking along with analytic and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple, high priority projects
- Complete assignments on a timely basis
- Accuracy and a superior attention to detail
- An aptitude to improve processes through automation and streamlining
- Ability to work independently and as part of a larger team.
- Ability to meet monthly, quarterly and year-end closing deadlines
- Ability to manage staff effectively to ensure deliverables are met in a timely manner
- Flexible and with an ability to take on new tasks
- Ability to exercise sound judgment
- Articulate ideas clearly and to the point
- A collaborative management style
Meet Some of Bankrate.com's Employees
Client Service Representative
As a client service representative, it’s Andy’s job to make sure Bankrate’s advertising clients stay happy as he troubleshoots their campaigns and works with the customer retention program.
Back to top