Corporate Financial Reporting Manager
orporate Financial Reporting Manager - Job Description
- CPA with public and private experience, minimum 7 to 10 years.
- SEC reporting experience in preparing 10-K/10-Q and related footnotes.
- Strong technical accounting knowledge and thorough understanding with requirements of SEC filings as will be expected to pull information for all footnotes, disclosures and MD&A.
- Experience in preparation and review of consolidating financial statements (BS, IS and CF) and closing and eliminating entries.
- Experience in analyzing and reviewing key account reconciliations and J/Es at the division level and propose adjustments/recommendations.
- Strong understanding of GAAP.
- Ability to identify areas of concern and possess initiative to research proper accounting and propose resolution.
- Segment reporting preferred, but not necessary.
- Previous experience in day to day accounting roles within an organization.
- Superb attention to detail as well as the big picture.
- Ability to effectively multi-task and prioritize competing tasks and responsibilities.
- Proficient in excel worksheets and versed in other financial platforms.
- Proactive, self-driven, focused and effective communicator within all levels of the organization and across divisions; both verbal and written.
- Strong ability to exercise independent direction and judgement.
- Exposure to Sarbanes Oxley control testing and documentation
- Tracking/monitoring of the month-end close process
- Tracking/monitoring of deliverables for quarterly reviews and the year-end audit.
- Documentation of controls for Sox compliance.
- Tracking of trial balance updates for external auditors and outside consultants
- Review of monthly reconciliations at Corporate and Segment levels
- Monthly and quarterly variance analyses (consolidated and by Segment)
- Communication of monthly Management reporting packages (TopSheet)
- Management reporting for adjustments passed for the quarter
- Assist with various Corporate account reconciliations
- Ad hoc accounting projects, as needed
Back to top