Business Unit Controller
Position at Caring.com
We are seeking a dynamic Business Unit Controller who will be a trusted partner in continuing the success of Caring.com's growing business. Reporting directly to the CEO of the Senior Care Business Unit, you will lead all accounting and financial reporting for the business unit, as well as lead various other administrative responsibilities. In this role, you will work closely with managers and staff, and collaborate with Corporate departments, internal and external auditors, customers and vendors. As a member of the business unit senior management team, you will work closely providing advice and developing solutions that will support our growing business.
This position is very hands-on and requires a detail oriented personality, but also the ability to see the big picture and provide analytical insight. You will lead the efforts for the Senior Care accounting operations and oversee a team of four in the areas of general accounting, payables, receivables and revenue recognition. You will also be responsible for budgeting and forecasting, and reviewing customer contracts.
Key activities will include annual budgeting and interim financial projections; leading accounts receivable and collections, accounts payable, expense report processing, revenue recognition, software capitalization, and accrued expenses; review and approval of journal entries and account reconciliations; and ensuring the timely close of the books each month.
The Controller will have ownership of all reporting to senior management, both within the business unit and to Corporate headquarters, as well as responsibility for comprehensive analysis of operating results and key analytics. You will act as a liaison to internal and external auditors, respond to their information requests, resolve audit issues, and ensure successful and timely completion of all required audits.
The Controller also collaborates with Corporate Finance, Internal Audit, Payroll, Tax, Legal, Insurance, Human Resources and other departments as needed. In addition, the position includes responsibility for reviewing and tracking all contracts and agreements for the business unit.
- Manage multiple team members
- Have strong process management skills
- Capability to succeed in a rapidly changing environment and adhere to timelines
- Provide mentoring and career development to team members
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Exercise mature judgment
- Up-to-date knowledge of US GAAP
- Strong working knowledge of internal controls and SOX
- Proficiency in Excel, including financial modeling applications
- Experience working as an Assistant Controller or Controller
- Experience with Netsuite accounting software or comparable systems
- 10+ years of professional accounting experience in a combination of public accounting (Big 4 preferred) and publicly traded companies
- College degree in Accounting, or a related degree with emphasis in Accounting
- Recent experience working in an Internet-oriented company that provides services
- CPA certification preferred
Meet Some of Bankrate.com's Employees
Client Service Representative
As a client service representative, it’s Andy’s job to make sure Bankrate’s advertising clients stay happy as he troubleshoots their campaigns and works with the customer retention program.
Back to top