Business Operations Quality Manager
Position at Bankrate.com
Bankrate has over four decades of experience in financial publishing. We are a leading aggregator of financial rate information which offers unparalleled depth and breadth of rate data and financial content. At Bankrate, we survey more than 4,800 financial institutions in all 50 states. We do this in order to provide clear, objective, personal finance content to help consumers make better informed financial decisions.
This position is based in our Palm Beach Gardens office. Candidates must possess a comprehensive knowledge of financial products. The Quality Manager is responsible for continually maintaining high quality standards by inspecting the accuracy of data gathered for all online advertising. Previous work experience with an active online media or ecommerce website, a plus.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform detailed review of data, ensuring that established quality standards are met by inspecting and assessing work completed by the Data Analyst team. When inaccuracies are discovered, discuss necessary changes with Analyst and perform training, as needed.
- Analyze and interpret mortgage rate sheets to validate advertisers' pricing documentation by reviewing investor rate sheets throughout the day. These rate sheets serve as validation that rates and terms are available and meet rate table criteria. Verifying pricing ensures accurate rate postings.
- Mystery Shop rate table listings by requesting further documentation from advertisers or by posing as an in-market consumer to validate the rates they are posting. Accurately document and submit results of each shop to management. Ability to reach daily quota of completed mystery shops is expected.
- Analyze reports involving click and lead data, to aid in identifying emerging trends, and provide detailed feedback of client performance to support ROI results. Review results of interdepartmental audits to gauge if additional review of data are needed to meet compliance expectations/or client objectives.
- Perform daily activity audits using independent judgement. A minimum of two sources are used for this review. The person completing the audit must be able to recognize patterns, think analytically, and use sound judgement and discretion.
- Speak with potential advertisers by telephone to verify their eligibility for advertising. Advertisers must meet specific quality and criteria standards. The Quality Manager will follow an established checklist, however they must be prepared to answer any questions that are not routine and to spot issues that may be unique to the potential advertiser.
- Maintain an audit log to track errors found throughout the month, and ability to create reports that summarize this data. Clear and concise results are presented to management on a monthly basis, or as needed.
- Must have demonstrated strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and organizational abilities
- Strong documentation skills with the ability to analyze, interpret, and report results to management
- Above average knowledge of personal finance products
- Excellent telephone skills and ability to be on telephone for extended periods of time
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities, manage multiple tasks, and meet deadlines
- Comfortable working both independently and as a member of a team
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products with intermediate skills in Excel required
- This position reports directly to the Director, Quality Control and Client Support
- Minimum 3 years' related experience required
- Bachelor's degree required
Meet Some of Bankrate.com's Employees
Client Service Representative
As a client service representative, it’s Andy’s job to make sure Bankrate’s advertising clients stay happy as he troubleshoots their campaigns and works with the customer retention program.
Back to top