Banking/FinTech Writer and Analyst
Position at Bankrate.com
Bankrate.com is seeking a lead blogger to write about banking and the hundreds of new fintech tools sweeping through America. We don't want venture capital coverage of fintech -- we want someone who can try and use all the fintech apps and tools, then explain to consumers how they work.
Ideal candidates will have experience producing content across multiple platforms for consumers and developing relevant sources. The blogger will develop and write engaging articles, quizzes and interactive features, in addition to being deeply involved in Bankrate's video and social media content. The reporter will respond quickly to news events, explaining to consumers how it affects them. Social media experience is essential, as is familiarity with writing for search optimization.
The banking and fintech beat encompasses topics such as checking and savings accounts, fintech, mobile wallets, debit cards, CDs and money market accounts. You need to love those topics. The ideal candidate will have excellent reporting and writing skills, and experience writing for digital and social audiences.
The ideal candidate thinks beyond the news, detecting trends and predicting unintended consequences and benefits.
The position can be based anywhere anywhere in the United States.
About the Role
- Actively follow the banking and fintech industry and cultivate relationships and sources, plus a desire to try all fintech tools and review how they work.
- Respond quickly to breaking news and thrive under pressure.
- Evaluate website metrics to make content decisions.
- Pitch trending story topics and continually look for ways to push breaking and/or viral stories forward with new angles.
- Write stories, blogs and related content.
- Demonstrate versatility to turn around story ideas very quickly and explore complex topics in long-form enterprising work.
- Must be comfortable adapting to changes in evolving industry.
- Demonstrate knowledge of SEO best practices and AP style.
- Represent Bankrate as a spokesperson to other media.
- Digital media/online/social reporting and writing experience.
- Knowledgeable of banking industry.
- Thorough understanding of personal finance.
- Strong knowledge of AP style.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
To apply, please include resume, cover letter, relevant links and 3-5 examples of work that demonstrates you can take interesting, unique or fun angles to content. The applications should be digital in their orientation and delivery.
Meet Some of Bankrate.com's Employees
Client Service Representative
As a client service representative, it’s Andy’s job to make sure Bankrate’s advertising clients stay happy as he troubleshoots their campaigns and works with the customer retention program.
Back to top