Position at Bankrate.com
Obsessed about personal finance and everything about money? Social media, blogs and working with content?
Bankrate.com is looking for a top-notch editor who has great writing, editing and people skills, and wants to help develop the most awesome content team in personal finance. Working with our team of senior editors, the associate editor be an innovator who can help manage the in-house writing team for one of the most authoritative publications in the personal finance industry.
Ideal candidates will have experience editing content for consumers and innovating award-winning content. Social media experience is necessary, as is familiarity with writing for search optimization.
The Associate Editor will be charged with helping manage a group of reporters, conceptualizing and executing online stories about personal finance from a consumer standpoint and consistently improving the quality of Bankrate's editorial coverage. The Associate Editor is expected to utilize current media trends to up the Bankrate editorial game -- pitching, assigning and editing investigative stories, dailies, slideshows, quizzes, calculators and other editorial projects. We want someone with great judgment, who can quickly react to events and publish high-quality, engaging content.
The position can be based in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, or New York City.
About the Role
- Manage, coordinate and edit all coverage from reporters covering a variety of personal finance topics.
- Represent Bankrate as a spokesperson as needed.
- Be deeply engaged in data for our editorial coverage and data as it relates to story performance on Bankrate to make informed decisions about coverage.
- Understand metrics on our storytelling and allow them to help inform our decisions.
- Consistently improve the quality of Bankrate's editorial coverage.
- Actively follow and assign content on personal finance topics and trends.
- Develop and maintain relationships with industry sources.
- Come up with ideas and create content in story form, blogs, quizzes and interactives.
- Be engaged and active in social media, staying current with trends in social media, and helping the team to become social media personal finance stars.
- Understand SEO value and employ best practices for SEO.
- Attend industry conferences to speak about personal finance and editorial topics.
- Create content for one-off features and special requests.
- Knowledgeable of the personal finance and news industries.
- Thorough understanding of business topics.
- Minimum 2 years' experience as an editor.
- Strong knowledge of AP style.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
Meet Some of Bankrate.com's Employees
Client Service Representative
As a client service representative, it’s Andy’s job to make sure Bankrate’s advertising clients stay happy as he troubleshoots their campaigns and works with the customer retention program.
Back to top