What you'll do
Are you interested in analyzing companies and industries and communicating with investors? Our Global Research summer intern program offers you the opportunity to research, write, and publish market-leading investment analysis at Institutional Investor's #1 Global Research Firm.
Summer associates pursuing an MBA join our Equity Research team, while PhD candidates are most often placed in either our Global Emerging Markets, Commodity Derivatives, or Global Economics teams.
As an associate in Research, you will be responsible for financial modeling/analysis, conducting primary research, writing franchise pieces and servicing institutional clients. Your responsibilities and projects may include:
- Assembling historical financial models on covered companies using SEC filings, company conference calls, and press releases
- Conducting financial, statistical and industry analysis on companies and the industry to support the team's investment thesis
- Gathering data from primary and secondary sources; analyzing data for insight, generate trade recommendations
- Learning the fundamentals of the asset class or product that is covered by the team
- Writing short notes and lengthy reports (Primers) on economies, markets and/or industries
- Attending industry conferences, investor dinners and company meetings