What you'll do
Are you interested in analyzing companies and industries investment strategies and communicating with investors? Our Global Research summer intern program offers you the opportunity to leverage your skill set to research, write, and publish market-leading investment analysis at Institutional Investor's top ranked Global Research Firm. As a summer intern you will have a strong platform to launch your career in conducting primary research, building financial models, and writing franchise pieces that are valued by institutional clients.
Our Global Research organization supports the institutional sales and trading teams and their clients. Our research analysts provide insightful, objective and decisive research designed to enable their clients to make informed investment and risk management decisions.
Our Global Research business comprises Equity, Credit and Macro Economic Research, Quantitative and Derivatives Strategy that together, serve our institutional sales and trading teams and their clients. Throughout the program, Research Analyst interns are responsible for modeling/analysis. Sample responsibilities and projects include:
- Assembling historical financial models using financial statements, company conference calls, and press releases
- Conducting financial, statistical and industry analyses on companies and the industry to support the team's investment thesis
- Learning fundamentals of industry and companies covered by the team, and researching sector trends that may impact company/sector recommendations
- Writing notes reports (primers) on economies, markets, industries and/or companies; writing sections of daily, weekly, or monthly reports
- Initiating and building relationships with clients to develop a network of contacts appropriate to the industry, country or asset market covered
- Presenting your findings to an audience of your colleagues and peers, simulating a presentation to clients