What you'll do
Our GCIB Credit Summer Analyst Program is designed to offer candidates the opportunity to work within our credit underwriting business, GCIB Credit.
The fundamental role of the GCIB Credit team is to assess a counterparty's credit risk, which requires a deep understanding of a company's industry, competitive position, strategy and financial performance. You will form a core member of the client coverage team from Day 1 and will help to underwrite, structure, execute and monitor both new and existing Corporate and Financial Institution clients.
GCIB Credit is primarily split into two sectors - Corporates and Financial Institutions (FI) - covering key relationships and geographies across Europe, the Middle East & Africa. Both areas work closely with key partners including Corporate Banking, Investment Banking, Debt Capital Markets, Sales & Trading and Global Treasury Management, providing multi product solutions to national champion and world class clients. There are also specialized teams such as Emerging Markets where Summer Analysts have the opportunity to cover both Corporates and FI.
Your responsibilities will vary depending on your placement; however during the program as a summer analyst, you will predominantly focus on analyzing financial performance and operations/industry dynamics while monitoring client credit conditions and evaluating renewals, expansions, and new requests.
Your responsibilities may include:
- Perform credit analysis to assess a counterparty's credit risk which supports business selection, capital allocation & returns on regulatory capital
- Undertake an industry/sector review identifying risk, trends and recommendations
- Provide business partners with guidance regarding drivers of loan returns & profitability & assist in preparing for Capital Review Council approvals
- Present recommendations to senior Wholesale Credit colleagues in both written and verbal format
- Be a key member of the team where you will be expected to add value from the beginning of the program