What you'll do
Equity Capital Markets (ECM) is part of the Global Corporate and Investment Banking Division (GCIB) at Bank of America (BofA). ECM professionals originate, structure and execute equity capital raising products, including IPOs, rights offerings, accelerated placements, convertible bonds, hedging structures, margin loansand structured purchases/disposals. They assist with capital raising in the public and private markets for large acquisitions, strategic financing and the strengthening of balance sheets.
Both Capital Markets groups work closely with Corporate Banking and Investment Banking (client coverage) and Global Markets (trading and distribution). Therefore, candidates who have a natural interest in both markets and corporate finance will find it a particularly rewarding environment.
As an off-cycle analyst you will be assigned to one of these Capital Markets groups but will benefit from exposure to and connectivity with both groups throughout the internship.
As an off-cycle analyst within ECM, your key tasks and responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Assist Debt Capital Markets (DCM) and ECM professionals with deal origination and execution across a diverse range of product areas
- Work as a product specialist with clients at top management level to create and deliver financing solutions through ECM products
- Develop a strong understanding of market fundamentals and make market-informed contributions on financing strategies that address clients' needs
- Design tailored presentations for clients to outline solutions to their financing needs (e.g. general corporate financing, acquisition financing)
- Work on live transactions and interact with clients and professionals from across the bank as you build your network and experience