What you'll do
Do you have a passion for the ever-changing markets?
Do you also have interest in generating solutions that would make a long-term impact for our clients?
The Corporate Rates and Currencies Origination Analyst Program offers a unique opportunity to immerse yourself in fast-paced markets while providing strategic advice to the firm's top corporate clients.
At Bank of America Merrill Lynch, we have one of the largest corporate client footprints in the U.S., and we are leaders in structuring interest rate and foreign exchange risk management solutions for these clients. Our Global Rates and Currencies team focuses on providing advisory and execution in the interest rate and foreign exchange markets, working closely with our product partners in Trading as well as our client coverage partners in Banking.
Our analysts rotate through both the Rates and FX Sales desks, gaining exposure to a wide spectrum of clients, from large corporations to small-cap companies, as well as a variety of products such as FX spot and forwards, FX/interest rate swaps and options. The wide range of client profiles and market/product knowledge obtained through our program provides our Analysts flexibility to explore the best fit for their skills and goals.
- Coordinating with our partners in banking and markets to source new trades and opportunities
- Communicating daily with trading teams to price and structure various hedging strategies
- Assisting with FX and rates transactions in coordination with trading & preparing client pitch materials
- Preparing recommendations on timing, size and structure of hedging transactions & managing derivative deal pipeline
- Analyzing risk in the context of cross-border M&A and other event-driven strategic transactions
- Performing comprehensive, in-depth research on FX and Rates markets, companies, general market conditions