- Fort Lauderdale, FL
Are you ready to join a growing team that puts a premium on productivity and has an award-winning culture, centered around transforming talented employees into effective business leaders?
Then Bankers Healthcare Group is the place for you. We offer innovative financial solutions to licensed and highly-skilled professionals, representing the best of both traditional lending and fintech, and are looking for passionate, impact players to help take our company to the next level.
At BHG, you’ll become immersed in the finance industry—with a variety of loan solutions, credit cards, patient financing, bank programs, and collections services, which have helped BHG become one of the leading providers of finance solutions.
With over 18 years in business, we have the stability of an established company with the speed and agility of a startup, where ingenuity and risk-taking are encouraged, and every employee has the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive.
Who You Are
The UX/UI Designer will turn our software into easy-to-use products for our clients. UX/UI Designer responsibilities include gathering user requirements, designing graphic elements and building navigation components. To be successful in this role, you should have experience with design software and wireframe tools. If you have a compelling portfolio of professional design projects that includes work with web/mobile applications, we’d like to meet you. Ultimately, you’ll create both functional and appealing features that address our clients’ needs and help us grow our customer base.
What You’ll Do
- The UX/UI Designer will gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product owners and engineers
- Clearly communicate and illustrate design ideas using UX artifacts such as user journey maps, or story boards, personas, process flows and sitemaps
- The UX/UI Designer will create design systems or UI pattern libraries using atomic design principles
- Develop high fidelity wireframes, UI design mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate functionality along with visual look-and-feel
- Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and tables)
- Prepare and present design iterations to internal teams and key stakeholders
- The UX/UI Designer will identify and troubleshoot UX problems with a deep knowledge of design heuristics (e.g. responsiveness)
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Adhere to and maintain brand and UI design consistency including font styles, colors and imagery
- Ability to communicate and work closely with cross functional teams and provide best practice recommendations
What You’ll Need
- Proven work experience as a UX/UI Designer or similar role.
- Applied knowledge of the user centered design process to leverage findings in order to create innovative solutions.
- Designs are approached and created with W3C web accessibility standards; provides recommendations to bring preexisting apps and/or designs up to standard.
- The UX/UI Designer should have a Portfolio of design projects that demonstrate both strategic, technical UX knowledge, processes and methodologies and creativity demonstrated through compelling UI pattern libraries and/or visual design mockups.
- Demonstrated ability to create high fidelity wireframes that communicate flows and various use cases.
- Knowledge of wireframe tools (e.g. Sketch, Adobe XD, Wireframe.cc and InVision).
- The UX/UI Designer should have up-to-date knowledge of design software such as: Sketch, Adobe CC specifically Adobe XD, Illustrator and Photoshop and InVision.
- Ability to create click-thru prototypes using the aforementioned design tools and software.
- Team spirit; strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders.
- Ability to work in a fun, yet fast paced environment and be willing to go beyond the traditional UX/UI role to understand all facets of cross functional teams and the business.
- Follows industry trends and latest practices as it pertains to UX and UI visual trends.
- Knows their way around analytics and how that impacts design and business decisions.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with front end developers; has a basic knowledge of CSS/SCSS.
Life at BHG
At BHG, we work hard and aren’t afraid to take risks. Since the beginning, our core values of PMA (positive mental attitude), team player and loyalty have been the driving force behind every interaction we have between each other and our customers. We have a healthy respect for the daily grind, yet we value work/life balance. We believe that all employees should have the opportunity to lead and that good ideas can come from anyone. From the top-down, our leaders are actively involved not only in strategic oversight and running the business, but also in the wellbeing and growth of all employees. We consider people our #1 asset, and help employees realize their full potential, set and exceed their goals, and explore new opportunities for personal and professional development.
Why You Should Join BHG
We strive to offer amenities, opportunities, events, and programming that support the interests of our teams, while furthering the culture that makes us Great Place to Work® certified. Some of the benefits you can expect when you join BHG include:
· 100% coverage of monthly health insurance premiums
· Competitive PTO and vacation policies
· Company 401(k) plan with employer contributions after one year
· On-site gym access and memberships, with personal trainers, and certified nutritionists on staff
· Company-sponsored training and certification opportunities
· Monthly award ceremonies where top achievers are celebrated and receive additional bonuses
· Ongoing volunteer opportunities to give back to the community through our BHG Cares program
If you’re ready for a career where you can exercise your passions, be surrounded by co-workers who are relentlessly committed to service, and have a team-player mindset, apply today!
Bankers Healthcare Group is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Bankers Healthcare Group is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
Back to top