Sr. Software Engineer
- Dania Beach, FL
Are you ready to join a growing team that puts a premium on productivity and has an award-winning culture, centered around transforming talented employees into effective business leaders?
Then Bankers Healthcare Group is the place for you. We offer innovative financial solutions to licensed and highly-skilled professionals, representing the best of both traditional lending and fintech, and are looking for passionate, impact players to help take our company to the next level.
At BHG, you’ll become immersed in the finance industry—with a variety of loan solutions, credit cards, patient financing, bank programs, and collections services, which have helped BHG become one of the leading providers of finance solutions.
With over 19 years in business, we have the stability of an established company with the speed and agility of a startup, where ingenuity and risk-taking are encouraged, and every employee has the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive.
Who You Are
You are a motivated Information Technology professional who is passionate about custom application development. You excel at software development and have experience with C#, .NET, SQL Server, and Azure development. You are a driven, logical, and innovative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment where you can create custom applications from scratch.
What You’ll Do
- The Senior Software Engineer will provide technical leadership, driving and performing best engineering practices to initiate, plan, and execute large-scale, cross-functional, and critical development efforts.
- Design and implement new, innovative solutions following best practices for performance and scalability.
- Maintain and improve the functionality of existing applications.
- The Senior Software Engineer will champion and contribute improvements of ongoing standard software development processes, team infrastructure and methodology in collaboration with other Principal and Senior Staff Software Engineers.
- Ongoing review of development efforts to ensure compliance with business requirements, scalability, security, and other best practices.
- Develop Unit Tests
- Implement and maintain web-based applications and back-end services using the C#/.NET Framework and SQL Server technologies (relational database and Business Intelligence)
- Code front-end web pages using modern technologies (JQuery, CSS, Bootstrap responsive layouts, JSON)
What You’ll Need
- The Senior Software Engineer will have experience as a Microsoft technologies developer, specifically with C#/.NET
- Experience with cloud development, specifically Azure
- The Senior Software Engineer must have experience with development using the .NET Core framework
- Experience with Windows services/applications
- Expertise in Service Oriented Architecture
- Experience creating/using SQL server entities (complex queries, stored procedures, database architecture skills a plus).
- Experience with Apache Kafka, Confluent, streaming data, ksqlDB is a plus
- Experience with Advanced Messaging Queuing Protocol such as RabbitMQ or SignalR is a plus
- NoSQL Data experience is a plus
- Continuous Integration experience with tools such as Git, TeamCity, and Octopus is a plus
- Familiarity with task life-cycle (Discovery & Analysis, Implementation, Testing, Deployment)
Life at BHG
At BHG, we work hard and aren’t afraid to take risks. Since the beginning, our core values of PMA (positive mental attitude), team player and loyalty have been the driving force behind every interaction we have between each other and our customers. We have a healthy respect for the daily grind, yet we value work/life balance. We believe that all employees should have the opportunity to lead and that good ideas can come from anyone. From the top-down, our leaders are actively involved not only in strategic oversight and running the business, but also in the wellbeing and growth of all employees. We consider people our #1 asset, and help employees realize their full potential, set and exceed their goals, and explore new opportunities for personal and professional development.
Why You Should Join BHG
We strive to offer amenities, opportunities, events, and programming that support the interests of our teams, while furthering the culture that makes us Great Place to Work® certified. Some of the benefits you can expect when you join BHG include:
· 100% coverage of monthly health insurance premiums
· Competitive PTO and vacation policies
· Company 401(k) plan with employer contributions after one year
· On-site gym access and memberships, with personal trainers, and certified nutritionists on staff
· Company-sponsored training and certification opportunities
· Monthly award ceremonies where top achievers are celebrated and receive additional bonuses
· Ongoing volunteer opportunities to give back to the community through our BHG Cares program
If you’re ready for a career where you can exercise your passions, be surrounded by co-workers who are relentlessly committed to service, and have a team-player mindset, apply today!
Bankers Healthcare Group is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Bankers Healthcare Group is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
Back to top