Sr. Data Scientist
Are you ready to join a growing team that puts a premium on productivity and has an award-winning culture, centered around transforming talented employees into effective business leaders?
Then Bankers Healthcare Group is the place for you. We offer innovative financial solutions to licensed and highly-skilled professionals, representing the best of both traditional lending and fintech, and are looking for passionate, impact players to help take our company to the next level.
At BHG, you’ll become immersed in the finance industry—with a variety of loan solutions, credit cards, patient financing, bank programs, and collections services, which have helped BHG become one of the leading providers of finance solutions.
With over 18 years in business, we have the stability of an established company with the speed and agility of a startup, where ingenuity and risk-taking are encouraged, and every employee has the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive.
Who You Are
The Senior Data Scientist will provide strategic and tactical support to the organization by analyzing and interpreting business data to provide innovative solutions. This person will be responsible for performing data analysis on business needs and developing rules and methodologies for effective data management. This person should have extensive knowledge of industry standard data analytic tools.
Life at BHG
At BHG, we work hard and aren’t afraid to take risks. Since the beginning, our core values of PMA (positive mental attitude), team player and loyalty have been the driving force behind every interaction we have between each other and our customers. We have a healthy respect for the daily grind, yet we value work/life balance. We believe that all employees should have the opportunity to lead and that good ideas can come from anyone. From the top-down, our leaders are actively involved not only in strategic oversight and running the business, but also in the wellbeing and growth of all employees. We consider people our #1 asset, and help employees realize their full potential, set and exceed their goals, and explore new opportunities for personal and professional development.
What You'll Do
- Assuring the integrity of project data, including data extraction, storage, manipulation, processing and analysis.
- Discussing business intelligence needs or information with internal staff
- Analyzing data with standard statistical methods, interpreting the results, and providing a written summary of data analysis
- Produce solutions that will impact the Company’s bottom line and present these solutions to top executives and ownership.
- This person must be able to analyze data set sand come up with strategic solutions within different aspects of the company, including but not limited to: marketing, sales, employee performance, client profiling, credit, and risk.
What You'll Need
- 7+ years of relevant work experiences in Financial Service industries focused on business analytics
- Proficient with SQL, R, Python, Power BI, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experiences with designing and implementing A/B tests
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and critical thinking skills
- Intellectual curiosity and aptitude to pick up new technical skills and domain knowledge
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Strong written and verbal communications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering or related quantitative fields
- 7+ years of experience in designing and building predictive models using statistical and machine learning techniques (e.g. logistic regression, linear regression, random forest, GBM etc.)
- Experiences in consumer lending products
- Strong stakeholder management experiences
- Experiences in mentoring junior associates
Nice to Have:
Why You Should Join BHG
We strive to offer amenities, opportunities, events, and programming that support the interests of our teams, while furthering the culture that makes us Great Place to Work® certified. Some of the benefits you can expect when you join BHG include:
· 100% coverage of monthly health insurance premiums
· Competitive PTO and vacation policies
· Company 401(k) plan with employer contributions after one year
· On-site gym access and memberships, with personal trainers, and certified nutritionists on staff
· Company-sponsored training and certification opportunities
· Monthly award ceremonies where top achievers are celebrated and receive additional bonuses
· Ongoing volunteer opportunities to give back to the community through our BHG Cares program
If you’re ready for a career where you can exercise your passions, be surrounded by co-workers who are relentlessly committed to service, and have a team-player mindset, apply today!
Bankers Healthcare Group is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Bankers Healthcare Group is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
Back to top