Sr. Atlassian Engineer
- Pembroke Pines, FL
Are you ready to join a growing team that puts a premium on productivity and has an award-winning culture, centered around transforming talented employees into effective business leaders?
Then Bankers Healthcare Group is the place for you. We offer innovative financial solutions to licensed and highly-skilled professionals, representing the best of both traditional lending and fintech, and are looking for passionate, impact players to help take our company to the next level.
At BHG, you’ll become immersed in the finance industry—with a variety of loan solutions, credit cards, patient financing, bank programs, and collections services, which have helped BHG become one of the leading providers of finance solutions.
With over 19 years in business, we have the stability of an established company with the speed and agility of a startup, where ingenuity and risk-taking are encouraged, and every employee has the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive.
Who You Are
You are a motivated well-seasoned expert Atlassian administrator who is passionate about Atlassian tool stack. You excel at administration of Atlassian DevOps applications – Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket in on-prem setting. You understand how these tools contribute to the success of business and development teams. You are self-sufficient, driven, energetic, outgoing, and growth-oriented; thrive in a fast-paced environment where you can gain extensive knowledge and experience.
What You’ll Do
- Be the subject matter expert, the owner, and the go-to resource of the on-prem instances of Jira Software, Service Desk, Confluence and Bitbucket
- Promote Jira and Service Desk with the business teams, work with all departments on-board them onto Service Desk, and exercise best judgment and extensive experience in implementing their needs
- Continuously improve the process and tooling to offer the best value and experience to end-users
- Ownership and administration of Atlassian DevOps applications – Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket
- Interfacing with build and release Engineer on integration with CI/CD stack
- Ensuring application uptimes and best practices in application resiliency
- Manage Windows server platforms hosting Atlassian tools
- Manage applications, plugins, and conduct application server upgrades
- Work with IT and business users on evaluating and implementation of new add-ons, exercising best judgment with go/no-go decisions
- Work with Business and Development teams to analyze and classify their needs; create new Jira Software and Service Desk projects, automation to provide tool usability, and drive adoption
- Conduct periodic user training – Jira, Service Desk, Portfolio, Confluence, Bitbucket Promote adoption of Confluence as the Firm’s KB and SOP platform of choice
- Perform on-demand refreshes of development environment
- Drive and deliver on scheduled application upgrade cycle
What You’ll Need
- Expert-level experience in daily management of Atlassian application stack – JIRA, Jira Service Desk, Portfolio, Confluence, Bitbucket
- Admin experience required of at least 3yr in primary JIRA and Service Desk admin role
- Must be familiar with 100% of JIRA and Confluence admin Interface and admin functions, be able to perform all aspects of ownership and administration without supervision
- Must have first-hand knowledge and experience of on-prem hosting application installation and configuration, application upgrades, and server migrations
- Advanced knowledge of Jira Service Desk project setup and administration
- In-depth knowledge of JIRA searches, JQL, reporting capabilities, dashboards, and add-ons that expand their functionality, and workflows
- Full on-prem server application troubleshooting – knowledge logs locations, how to look for the signs of errors on Windows Server OS, ability to conduct basic troubleshooting
- Experience in working with Atlassian support, add-on vendor support; attention to detail to follow through to the resolution
- Understand Tomcat running Atlassian on Windows, manage JVM memory, garbage collection, etc. to ensure optimal application performance
- Ability to plan and deliver application upgrade projects in an enterprise setting without supervision
- Familiarity with Virtual Machines, and VMWare in particular is a plus
- Understand GIT and Bitbucket – familiar with GIT source control, Agile branching methodologies. Knowledge of Bitbucket administration is a required
- Understanding of CI/CD principles is a huge plus – how Atlassian tools tie into Agile SDLC
- Prior experience with CI/CD tool stack, familiarity with TeamCity/Bamboo/Jenkins and Octopus is a plus
- Experience with enterprise server and application monitoring tools, integration with JVM monitoring using New Relic is a plus
Life at BHG
At BHG, we work hard and aren’t afraid to take risks. Since the beginning, our core values of PMA (positive mental attitude), team player and loyalty have been the driving force behind every interaction we have between each other and our customers. We have a healthy respect for the daily grind, yet we value work/life balance. We believe that all employees should have the opportunity to lead and that good ideas can come from anyone. From the top-down, our leaders are actively involved not only in strategic oversight and running the business, but also in the wellbeing and growth of all employees. We consider people our #1 asset, and help employees realize their full potential, set and exceed their goals, and explore new opportunities for personal and professional development.
Why You Should Join BHG
We strive to offer amenities, opportunities, events, and programming that support the interests of our teams, while furthering the culture that makes us Great Place to Work® certified. Some of the benefits you can expect when you join BHG include:
· 100% coverage of monthly health insurance premiums
· Competitive PTO and vacation policies
· Company 401(k) plan with employer contributions after one year
· On-site gym access and memberships, with personal trainers, and certified nutritionists on staff
· Company-sponsored training and certification opportunities
· Monthly award ceremonies where top achievers are celebrated and receive additional bonuses
· Ongoing volunteer opportunities to give back to the community through our BHG Cares program
If you’re ready for a career where you can exercise your passions, be surrounded by co-workers who are relentlessly committed to service, and have a team-player mindset, apply today!
Bankers Healthcare Group is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Bankers Healthcare Group is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
Back to top