Are you ready to join a growing team that puts a premium on productivity and has an award-winning culture, centered around transforming talented employees into effective business leaders?
Then Bankers Healthcare Group is the place for you. We offer innovative financial solutions to licensed and highly-skilled professionals, representing the best of both traditional lending and fintech, and are looking for passionate, impact players to help take our company to the next level.
At BHG, you’ll become immersed in the finance industry—with a variety of loan solutions, credit cards, patient financing, bank programs, and collections services, which have helped BHG become one of the leading providers of finance solutions.
With over 20 years in business, we have the stability of an established company with the speed and agility of a startup, where ingenuity and risk-taking are encouraged, and every employee has the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive.
Who You Are
You are a motivated IT professional who is passionate about collaborating with engineering and development teams to evaluate and identify optimal cloud/database solutions and educating teams on new cloud initiatives, and ensuring the security of the cloud infrastructure. You excel at Designing, developing, and deploying modular cloud-based systems, and have experience ensuring efficient functioning of data storage and processing functions in accordance with company security policies and best practices in cloud/database security, reviewing existing systems and making recommendations for improvements. You are a skilled professional with a positive and solution-oriented mindset and an inclination towards communication, inclusion, and visibility who is self-motivated and self-managing, with strong organizational skills, and thrive in a fast-paced environment where you can [add value to the organization by using your creativity and unique mindset to build state-of-the-art applications. This position is 100% remote.
What You'll Do
- Write and refactor complex SQL stored procedures.
- Tune existing stored procedures and make decisions on which to rewrite in future.
- Analyze performance of current system and improve via indexing and other techniques.
- Review current SQL release processes and create design documentation for product owners.
- Design and implement migration plan for data into new system with the team.
- Coordinate system changes with our data warehousing team.
What You'll Need
- 7+ years of proven experience in Database development.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or data relevant degree
- Proficient with MSSQL preferably Azure SQL.
- Exposure to Azure Data Factory a huge plus or current experience with other ETL.
- Experience writing and testing SQL in a source-controlled environment (preferably using Database projects and/or Git-based repositories)
- Experience in an Agile environment working with developers and product owners.
- Strong communication skills with ability to clearly challenge and convey complex requirements.
- Experience in optimizing a medium sized or larger database with over 400 stored procedures, 200 tables and effectively-dated data strategies.
- Experience with CI/CD a plus
- Experience with Azure a plus
- Experience in a C# centric development environment is a plus.
Life at BHG
At BHG, we work hard and aren’t afraid to take risks. Since the beginning, our core values of PMA (positive mental attitude), team player and loyalty have been the driving force behind every interaction we have between each other and our customers. We have a healthy respect for the daily grind, yet we value work/life balance. We believe that all employees should have the opportunity to lead and that good ideas can come from anyone. From the top-down, our leaders are actively involved not only in strategic oversight and running the business, but also in the wellbeing and growth of all employees. We consider people our #1 asset, and help employees realize their full potential, set and exceed their goals, and explore new opportunities for personal and professional development.
Why You Should Join BHG
We strive to offer amenities, opportunities, events, and programming that support the interests of our teams, while furthering the culture that makes us Great Place to Work® certified. Some of the benefits you can expect when you join BHG include:
· 100% coverage of monthly health insurance premiums
· Competitive PTO and vacation policies
· Company 401(k) plan with employer contributions after one year
· On-site gym access and memberships, with personal trainers, and certified nutritionists on staff
· Company-sponsored training and certification opportunities
· Monthly award ceremonies where top achievers are celebrated and receive additional bonuses
· Ongoing volunteer opportunities to give back to the community through our BHG Cares program
If you’re ready for a career where you can exercise your passions, be surrounded by co-workers who are relentlessly committed to service, and have a team-player mindset, apply today!
** All Remote employee's at Bankers Healthcare Group are required to work within the United States of America.
Bankers Healthcare Group is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Bankers Healthcare Group is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.