Product Owner - Servicing Products
- Syracuse, NY
Are you ready to join a growing team that puts a premium on productivity and has an award-winning culture, centered around transforming talented employees into effective business leaders?
Then Bankers Healthcare Group is the place for you. We offer innovative financial solutions to licensed and highly-skilled professionals, representing the best of both traditional lending and fintech, and are looking for passionate, impact players to help take our company to the next level.
At BHG, you’ll become immersed in the finance industry—with a variety of loan solutions, credit cards, patient financing, bank programs, and collections services, which have helped BHG become one of the leading providers of finance solutions.
With over 18 years in business, we have the stability of an established company with the speed and agility of a startup, where ingenuity and risk-taking are encouraged, and every employee has the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive.
Who You Are
You are a motivated professional who is passionate about Product Ownership. You excel at product management and business analysis, and have experience working on finance and accounting based projects. You are an analytical and organized, and thrive in a fast-paced environment where you can grow and excel within a rapidly growing company.
Life at BHG
At BHG, we work hard and aren’t afraid to take risks. Since the beginning, our core values of PMA (positive mental attitude), team player and loyalty have been the driving force behind every interaction we have between each other and our customers. We have a healthy respect for the daily grind, yet we value work/life balance. We believe that all employees should have the opportunity to lead and that good ideas can come from anyone. From the top-down, our leaders are actively involved not only in strategic oversight and running the business, but also in the wellbeing and growth of all employees. We consider people our #1 asset, and help employees realize their full potential, set and exceed their goals, and explore new opportunities for personal and professional development.
What You’ll Do
- Will work extensively with accounting, finance, collections and customer service end-users to identify and formally gather and document business requirements for existing and new business application initiatives.
- Will search for issues within business processes to make them more efficient.
- Will document detailed business requirements for functional and non-functional technologies.
- Will own and/or participate in UAT and Release Management activities.
- Will take ownership of software products, acting as the voice of the customer in all Scrum ceremonies.
- Will function as liaison between IT, vendors and other departments, as needed.
- Will create and maintain epics and user stories in JIRA.
- Will create and maintain system documentation and business workflows.
- Will need to participate in grooming sessions with peers and development teams.
- Other duties and responsibilities as needed.
What You’ll Need
- 5+ years of past experience with Product Ownership/Management or Business Analysis.
- Financial Services domain experience strongly preferred (with an emphasis on Finance, Accounting, Customer Service and/or Collections).
- Agile certification strongly preferred.
- Prior experience with Salesforce Service Cloud is a plus.
- Demonstrated proficiency in writing business processes & procedures documentation.
- Must possess a highly logical and analytical mindset, must be able to multitask and learn quickly.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills; ability to interpret requests and give quality results in a timely manner.
- Project Coordination/Management experience is a must.
Why You Should Join BHG
We strive to offer amenities, opportunities, events, and programming that support the interests of our teams, while furthering the culture that makes us Great Place to Work® certified. Some of the benefits you can expect when you join BHG include:
· 100% coverage of monthly health insurance premiums
· Competitive PTO and vacation policies
· Company 401(k) plan with employer contributions after one year
· On-site gym access and memberships, with personal trainers, and certified nutritionists on staff
· Company-sponsored training and certification opportunities
· Monthly award ceremonies where top achievers are celebrated and receive additional bonuses
· Ongoing volunteer opportunities to give back to the community through our BHG Cares program
If you’re ready for a career where you can exercise your passions, be surrounded by co-workers who are relentlessly committed to service, and have a team-player mindset, apply today!
Bankers Healthcare Group is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Bankers Healthcare Group is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
Back to top