- Syracuse, NY
Are you ready to join a growing team that puts a premium on productivity and has an award-winning culture, centered around transforming talented employees into effective business leaders?
Then Bankers Healthcare Group is the place for you. We offer innovative financial solutions to licensed and highly-skilled professionals, representing the best of both traditional lending and fintech, and are looking for passionate, impact players to help take our company to the next level.
At BHG, you’ll become immersed in the finance industry—with a variety of loan solutions, credit cards, patient financing, bank programs, and collections services, which have helped BHG become one of the leading providers of finance solutions.
With over 18 years in business, we have the stability of an established company with the speed and agility of a startup, where ingenuity and risk-taking are encouraged, and every employee has the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive.
Who You Are
You are a motivated Finance professional who is passionate about financial and data analytics. You excel at analyzing, summarizing and presenting data and have experience using SQL and Power BI. You are a self-motivated and thrive in a fast-paced environment where you can take initiative to add value.
Life at BHG
At BHG, we work hard and aren’t afraid to take risks. Since the beginning, our core values of PMA (positive mental attitude), team player and loyalty have been the driving force behind every interaction we have between each other and our customers. We have a healthy respect for the daily grind, yet we value work/life balance. We believe that all employees should have the opportunity to lead and that good ideas can come from anyone. From the top-down, our leaders are actively involved not only in strategic oversight and running the business, but also in the wellbeing and growth of all employees. We consider people our #1 asset, and help employees realize their full potential, set and exceed their goals, and explore new opportunities for personal and professional development.
What You’ll Do
The Portfolio Analyst will be responsible for analyzing several loan portfolios within BHG. The analyst will build and monitor reports related to loan performance across different product channels. As part of the finance team, the portfolio analyst will provide recurring portfolio analysis and growth-oriented solutions to senior management on a monthly basis. Reports will include KPI trend analysis, variance analysis and performance evaluation along with recommendations for improvement.
The Portfolio Analyst will have the opportunity to impact BHG at multiple levels. This is a highly visible role with direct access to senior management and ownership. A portfolio analyst typically starts out with a focus on learning everything there is to know about the company products, loan origination process, database structure and historical performance of the portfolio. As the knowledge base grows, the analyst can grow into one of several positions within the company, including supervisory and management roles.
- Create dashboards to help visualize key performance indicators across various portfolios
- Analyze monthly performance data to identify trends and significant variances to KPI’s
- Perform analysis on specific segments of the portfolio and provide any relevant findings
- Identify opportunities for risk mitigation and increased profitability
- Summarize and present data findings to division managers/ownership
- Work with managers and the finance team to propose new strategies for KPI improvement
- Assist in developing goals based on predictive modeling and forecasts
- Attend weekly and monthly meetings to assist in the creation of policies and strategic processes
What You'll Need
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Mathematics, or Business
- High degree of proficiency in MS Excel and MS SQL
- 2 years of experience in a finance and/or analytics role
- Ability to analyze large data sets and identify trends
- Capable of identifying areas of statistical relevance
- Ability to summarize and present data to senior managers
- Works well in a team environment and adapts quickly to changes in strategy
- Proficient with using pivot tables to complete statistical analysis
- Experience with Tableau and/or Microsoft Power BI
- Demonstrated problem solving ability with experience in providing practical business solutions
- High capacity to work well under pressure and thrive in a fast-paced work environment
Why You Should Join BHG
We strive to offer amenities, opportunities, events, and programming that support the interests of our teams, while furthering the culture that makes us Great Place to Work® certified. Some of the benefits you can expect when you join BHG include:
· 100% coverage of monthly health insurance premiums
· Competitive PTO and vacation policies
· Company 401(k) plan with employer contributions after one year
· On-site gym access and memberships, with personal trainers, and certified nutritionists on staff
· Company-sponsored training and certification opportunities
· Monthly award ceremonies where top achievers are celebrated and receive additional bonuses
· Ongoing volunteer opportunities to give back to the community through our BHG Cares program
If you’re ready for a career where you can exercise your passions, be surrounded by co-workers who are relentlessly committed to service, and have a team-player mindset, apply today!
Bankers Healthcare Group is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Bankers Healthcare Group is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
Back to top