Jr. DevOps Engineer
Looking for an energetic, outgoing, and growth-oriented Junior DevOps Engineer for a growing DevOps team. The in-house environment operates on Windows Server platform, running on VM's. Job functions of a DevOps engineer will entail administration of Atlassian DevOps applications - Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, administration of CI/CD app stack of TeamCity and Octopus, management and maintenance of in-house application and web environment server farms, application monitoring.
- People person - friendly, outgoing, curious, anticipates questions
- Self-motivated, growth- and learning-oriented
- Creative solution finder - able to research the problem and suggest solutions, even if outside the scope
- Team player
- Critical thinker
- Able to sometimes work nights and weekends if needed. Team is on support 24/7.
- Daily management of Atlassian application stack - JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket. JIRA Service Desk
- Admin experience required at least 1yr in JIRA admin role.
- Must be familiar with 80% of JIRA admin Interface and admin functions to be able to perform the following without supervision:
- User management
- User group management
- Project/space permissions setup
- Resolve user access issues
- Jira Service Desk management
- Familiarity with JIRA searches, JQL, and reporting capabilities, dashboards
- Basic application troubleshooting - knowledge of where the logs are, how to look for the signs of errors
- Ability to open a support ticket with the vendor and follow through to the resolution of an issue
- Understanding of Tomcat running Atlassian stack is a plus
- Ability to upgrade an application in an enterprise setting is a plus
- Mid-level PowerShell skills, willing to learn and to take it to the next level. Capturing error codes, logic, etc. Ability to write PowerShell scripts for IIS and Services is a huge plus.
- Ability to write DOS basic scripts.
- Average understanding of Windows OS - minimum 2 years of experience working with Microsoft Server OS in semi-admin role. Must be familiar with server management concepts, Active Directory concepts, Service Control Manager, Application and System logs. Able to understand and manage services.
- At least basic understanding of Microsoft IIS.
- Familiarity with Virtual Machines, and VMWare in particular is a plus
- Understanding of GIT and Bitbucket - familiar with GIT source control, Agile branching methodologies. Knowledge of Bitbucket on admin level is a plus
- Experience with Knowledge bases. Admin experience with Confluence is a plus
- Understanding of CI/CD principles. Prior experience with CI/CD tool stack. Familiarity with TeamCity or Octopus is a plus
- Basic understanding of SSL and encryption
- Experience with enterprise server and application monitoring tools, New Relic knowledge is a plus
- Experience with log aggregators is a plus.
*The job description above may require additional task and/or responsibilities within your department or outside of your department not identify in this job description.
Why Bankers Healthcare Group?
EMPLOYEE BENEFITS PACKAGE
- 100 % Paid Health Insurance
- Dental & Vision insurance
- Long and short term disability
- Life insurance paid for by the employer
- 401k with employee contribution
- Vacation time, PTO, and Paid holidays
- Company-sponsored professional training, licensing and education
BHG WELLNESS PROGRAM PERKS
- Onsite gym and shower facilities and golf simulator
- Personal trainer and group fitness classes onsite (for offices with onsite gym)
- Monthly employee recognition meetings with trophies and bonuses
- Fully catered onsite café/bistro (for offices with onsite café)
- Company-sponsored outings
BHG Builds People That Build BHG
Bankers Healthcare Group is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Bankers Healthcare Group is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
Back to top