Director of Support Engineering
- Fort Lauderdale, FL
Are you ready to join a growing team that puts a premium on productivity and has an award-winning culture, centered around transforming talented employees into effective business leaders?
Then Bankers Healthcare Group is the place for you. We offer innovative financial solutions to licensed and highly-skilled professionals, representing the best of both traditional lending and fintech, and are looking for passionate, impact players to help take our company to the next level.
At BHG, you’ll become immersed in the finance industry—with a variety of loan solutions, credit cards, patient financing, bank programs, and collections services, which have helped BHG become one of the leading providers of finance solutions.
With over 18 years in business, we have the stability of an established company with the speed and agility of a startup, where ingenuity and risk-taking are encouraged, and every employee has the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive.
Who You Are
The Director of Support Engineering will define and implement an overall support strategy for software applications, with corresponding service standards, policies and processes. This position will monitor service levels to continuously improve the quality, responsiveness, and results produced by the application production support team, while managing and overseeing their daily tasks and operations. The team acts as the front-line of contact for support of central technology services and is responsible for interfacing with clients, resolving software incidents and acting on service requests while achieving high customer satisfaction. The position will have strong interfacing requirements with various department heads in business units and with counterparts in the BHG IT organization.
What You'll Do
- The Director of Support Engineering ensures quality troubleshooting and resolution of functional and technical incidents involving the full spectrum of BHG software services.
- Perform and own RCA (root cause analysis) for issues reported on custom-developed software
- Manage team of support engineers to design and implement production software break fixes.
- Recommend, design, document and enhance policy, processes and standards for support services.
- Engage and align top talent through strong recruitment, mentoring, hands-on technical leadership and career management.
- Negotiate, measure, monitor, enhance and report on service level agreements and performance for incidents and service requests.
- Engage and collaborate with leadership and other BHG teams to resolve software incidents and deliver on service requests.
- The Director of Support Engineering maintain and enhance an automated workflow for incident management, service delivery, performance metrics, and reporting using JIRA.
- Design and create support plans for new functional software releases to ensure production support team is prepared.
- Establish and manage team schedules for extended business hours (midnight on weekdays, 10:00 am – 2:00 pm weekends).
- Provide leadership, direction, coaching and development of direct reports creating a high performing team and culture of excellent customer service; promote teamwork and cooperation within team and throughout the organization.
- Collaborate in fast-moving, delivery-focused Agile environment.
- Monitor new developments and current industry best practices and incorporate those as appropriate into the operational management and planning of the BHG support model.
- Perform other duties related to production support as needed.
What You'll Need
- B.S. in computer science or equivalent experience.
- The Director of Support Engineering should have at least 15 years’ experience in Information Technology primarily focused in software development and application support, with diverse experiences in other IT disciplines.
- Minimum 10 years production support experience.
- Minimum 5 years leading or managing a production support team.
- Must have experience supporting Azure Cloud or Cloud Frameworks (AWS, GCP, etc).
- Must have proficiency developing and troubleshooting in Microsoft stack (C#, .NET Core, SQL Server).
- Proven experience building/reorganizing production support team to drive incident resolution.
- People oriented executive with an ability to drive just in time solutions with rigor, quality and high availability. Must have a solid track record of being a superb manager and developer of leaders and managers.
- The Director of Support Engineering must be self-motivated, entrepreneurial, organized and passionate about growing a business in a team environment and with a proven ability to drive improvement efforts.
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and produce results through others.
- Experience with educating and upskilling teams on support models and best practices.
- Candidate should be articulate, outgoing, and have a dedication to documentation and detail.
- Excellent analysis and problem solving skills.
- Strong knowledge of corporate technology environments including application development and the supporting technology/network infrastructure.
- The Director of Support Engineering should have experience using support ticketing systems is required. Experience with JIRA is a plus.
- Ability to work under pressure; strong management and organizational skills; good judgment and decision making.
- Self-starter, takes ownership and accountability for assigned work.
- Able to identify and manage key risks and issues.
- Able to work during our Production environment support hours outside of normal business hours, providing on call troubleshooting assistance as needed.
- Experience with scrum methodology and workflow is a plus.
Life at BHG
At BHG, we work hard and aren’t afraid to take risks. Since the beginning, our core values of PMA (positive mental attitude), team player and loyalty have been the driving force behind every interaction we have between each other and our customers. We have a healthy respect for the daily grind, yet we value work/life balance. We believe that all employees should have the opportunity to lead and that good ideas can come from anyone. From the top-down, our leaders are actively involved not only in strategic oversight and running the business, but also in the wellbeing and growth of all employees. We consider people our #1 asset, and help employees realize their full potential, set and exceed their goals, and explore new opportunities for personal and professional development.
Why You Should Join BHG
We strive to offer amenities, opportunities, events, and programming that support the interests of our teams, while furthering the culture that makes us Great Place to Work® certified. Some of the benefits you can expect when you join BHG include:
· 100% coverage of monthly health insurance premiums
· Competitive PTO and vacation policies
· Company 401(k) plan with employer contributions after one year
· On-site gym access and memberships, with personal trainers, and certified nutritionists on staff
· Company-sponsored training and certification opportunities
· Monthly award ceremonies where top achievers are celebrated and receive additional bonuses
· Ongoing volunteer opportunities to give back to the community through our BHG Cares program
If you’re ready for a career where you can exercise your passions, be surrounded by co-workers who are relentlessly committed to service, and have a team-player mindset, apply today!
Bankers Healthcare Group is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Bankers Healthcare Group is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
Back to top