Director of Software Engineering
- Pembroke Pines, FL
Are you ready to join a growing team that puts a premium on productivity and has an award-winning culture, centered around transforming talented employees into effective business leaders?
Then Bankers Healthcare Group is the place for you. We offer innovative financial solutions to licensed and highly-skilled professionals, representing the best of both traditional lending and fintech, and are looking for passionate, impact players to help take our company to the next level.
At BHG, you’ll become immersed in the finance industry—with a variety of loan solutions, credit cards, patient financing, bank programs, and collections services, which have helped BHG become one of the leading providers of finance solutions.
With over 18 years in business, we have the stability of an established company with the speed and agility of a startup, where ingenuity and risk-taking are encouraged, and every employee has the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive.
Who You Are
The Director of Software Engineering is a position within the IT organization responsible for all activities related to the design, development, and implementation of organizational information systems and software applications. This individual will apply proven communication skills, problem-solving skills, and knowledge of best practices to guide his/her development teams on issues related to the design, development, and deployment of enterprise software solutions.
The Director of Software Engineering will lead a software development team composed of several functionally grouped teams, and will directly supervise a management team.
Life at BHG
At BHG, we work hard and aren’t afraid to take risks. Since the beginning, our core values of PMA (positive mental attitude), team player and loyalty have been the driving force behind every interaction we have between each other and our customers. We have a healthy respect for the daily grind, yet we value work/life balance. We believe that all employees should have the opportunity to lead and that good ideas can come from anyone. From the top-down, our leaders are actively involved not only in strategic oversight and running the business, but also in the wellbeing and growth of all employees. We consider people our #1 asset, and help employees realize their full potential, set and exceed their goals, and explore new opportunities for personal and professional development.
What You’ll Do
- Build and lead software engineering teams
- Ensure that development projects and software deployments meet product requirements and goals and comply with all applicable security, privacy, and audit requirements and regulations
- Establish effective working relationships with product department heads to understand business requirements and strategic direction
- Provide coaching to your managers and team members to help them grow
- Drive a continuous improvement process across all of your teams by making data-driven decisions
- Engage and align top talent through strong recruitment, mentoring, hands-on architectural leadership and career management
- Manage the development and deployment of new applications, systems software, and/or enhancements to existing applications
- Manage the customization, adaptation, and maintenance of commercial off the shelf software (COTS) to meet enterprise requirements
- Define and enforce software development methods, practices, and tool sets
- Collaborate with Information Security organization to ensure application delivery to end users meets security standards
- Review and analyze existing applications' effectiveness and efficiency, and then develop strategies for improving, sun setting or leveraging these systems
- Apply knowledge of industry standards and practices to advance automation
- Provide IT management with timely status reports
- Provide IT management with software development staffing utilization reports
- Travel as necessary to office locations in Syracuse and New York City (<10%)
What You'll Need
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in Information Technology primarily focused in software development and software applications, with diverse experiences in other IT disciplines
- Minimum 10 years software development & architecture leadership experience
- Proven experience driving innovative solutions in an IT enabled business
- Must have a solid track record of being a superb manager and developer of leaders and managers.
- Experience facilitating & developing IT/Business roadmaps and strategic communications for non-IT leaders.
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and produce results through others
- Considerable knowledge of current software development methodologies and standards to include “agile” in addition to traditional development methodologies
- Considerable knowledge of current software development languages and development platforms
- Considerable knowledge of relational database systems, transaction processing, and on-line analytical processing (OLAP)
- Considerable knowledge of data security and privacy regulations and requirements and software development best practices for compliance
- Considerable knowledge of project management practices
- Considerable knowledge of software quality assurance practices and tools, including regression testing and load testing techniques
- Ability to review user product needs and design and develop practical systems to maximize user benefits
- Ability to plan and direct the activity of personnel involved in technical systems design and implementation
- Ability to solve complex problems in a timely manner and have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience successfully working with internal and outsourced / off shore staffing models a plus.
- B.S. in computer science or equivalent experience
Why You Should Join BHG
We strive to offer amenities, opportunities, events, and programming that support the interests of our teams, while furthering the culture that makes us Great Place to Work® certified. Some of the benefits you can expect when you join BHG include:
· 100% coverage of monthly health insurance premiums
· Competitive PTO and vacation policies
· Company 401(k) plan with employer contributions after one year
· On-site gym access and memberships, with personal trainers, and certified nutritionists on staff
· Company-sponsored training and certification opportunities
· Monthly award ceremonies where top achievers are celebrated and receive additional bonuses
· Ongoing volunteer opportunities to give back to the community through our BHG Cares program
If you’re ready for a career where you can exercise your passions, be surrounded by co-workers who are relentlessly committed to service, and have a team-player mindset, apply today!
Bankers Healthcare Group is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Bankers Healthcare Group is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
Back to top