Director of Data Architecture
- Pembroke Pines, FL
Are you ready to join a growing team that puts a premium on productivity and has an award-winning culture, centered around transforming talented employees into effective business leaders?
Then Bankers Healthcare Group is the place for you. We offer innovative financial solutions to licensed and highly-skilled professionals, representing the best of both traditional lending and fintech, and are looking for passionate, impact players to help take our company to the next level.
At BHG, you’ll become immersed in the finance industry—with a variety of loan solutions, credit cards, patient financing, bank programs, and collections services, which have helped BHG become one of the leading providers of finance solutions.
With over 18 years in business, we have the stability of an established company with the speed and agility of a startup, where ingenuity and risk-taking are encouraged, and every employee has the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive.
Who You Are
The Director of Data Architecture establishes the foundation for enterprise data technologies; and builds and executes data architecture strategies to serve the growing needs of the business in the space of analytics and reporting. As a member of the IT senior leadership team, the role contributes to the development and execution of the enterprise-wide IT strategy, ensures its alignment with the enterprise's business strategy and the delivery of capabilities required to achieve business success.
Life at BHG
At BHG, we work hard and aren’t afraid to take risks. Since the beginning, our core values of PMA (positive mental attitude), team player and loyalty have been the driving force behind every interaction we have between each other and our customers. We have a healthy respect for the daily grind, yet we value work/life balance. We believe that all employees should have the opportunity to lead and that good ideas can come from anyone. From the top-down, our leaders are actively involved not only in strategic oversight and running the business, but also in the wellbeing and growth of all employees. We consider people our #1 asset, and help employees realize their full potential, set and exceed their goals, and explore new opportunities for personal and professional development.
What You’ll Do
- Planning, selecting, executing, and overseeing the design and implementation of all major data architecture and data strategy changes and upgrades
- Proven expertise in Data Architecture, Data Modeling, Database architecture, DB Design, Database programming (SQL/PlSql, etc.) and batch processing in a distributed client-server environment
- Delivering highly available databases in both Azure and/or Amazon Web Services such as Google Cloud, IBM Cloud or Oracle Cloud
- Possessing experience with highly available database strategies and implementations as well as architectural design and application delivery
- Experience with Relational (MSSQL), In memory (KDB), Hadoop, NoSQL, Columnar DB platforms Cloud enablement of Databases and Analytics environments (Snowflake)
- Understanding of Data Exploration, Visual Analytics concepts, experience with BI (OBIEE, Power BI) and visualization tools such as Tableau
- Expertise in architecting Master Data Management, Operational Data Stores, Data Warehousing solutions
- Expertise designing Batch and event-driven processes, ETL and Data Quality processes
- Exposure to Cloud implementation, Containers, and Cloud integration platforms
- Working knowledge of service architecture, API, Security infrastructure
- A well-grounded knowledge of engineering and continuous delivery practices
- Understanding of basic Cyber Security awareness and exposure
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity, who strives for the best outcomes and change while being cautious by understanding risks and threats
- Proven leadership skills, demonstrated ability to mentor, influence, and partner with application architects, engineering and product teams to deliver scalable robust data solutions
- Collaborating with other Architects and Developers to provide technical design guidance to align with strategy and applicable technical standards
- Working independently to evaluate and make strategic decisions that will address specific technology design needs
- Participating in the development of thought leadership to influence their sphere of technology in the use of innovation to advance business capabilities
- Researching and evaluating emerging technologies and novel approaches in order to make recommendations to enhance business processes and/or create a competitive advantage
- Collaborating with multidisciplinary teams in resolving complex technical issues
- Providing design guidance that follows the enterprise architecture vision and adheres to applicable application technology guidelines; and mitigating the impact of technical design to security, performance and data privacy
- Learning rapidly and continuously taking advantage of new technologies, concepts and business models
- Demonstrating a history of staying current in emerging technology trends
What You’ll Need
- B.S. in computer science or equivalent experience
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in Information Technology primarily focused on software development and software applications, with diverse experiences in other IT disciplines
- Minimum 10 years of data architecture leadership experience
- Proven experience driving innovative solutions in an IT-enabled business
- People-oriented with an ability to drive just in time solutions with rigor, quality, and high availability. Must have a solid track record of being a superb manager and developer of leaders and managers
- Experience facilitating & developing IT/Business roadmaps and strategic communications for non-IT leader
Why You Should Join BHG
We strive to offer amenities, opportunities, events, and programming that support the interests of our teams, while furthering the culture that makes us Great Place to Work® certified. Some of the benefits you can expect when you join BHG include:
· 100% coverage of monthly health insurance premiums
· Competitive PTO and vacation policies
· Company 401(k) plan with employer contributions after one year
· On-site gym access and memberships, with personal trainers, and certified nutritionists on staff
· Company-sponsored training and certification opportunities
· Monthly award ceremonies where top achievers are celebrated and receive additional bonuses
· Ongoing volunteer opportunities to give back to the community through our BHG Cares program
If you’re ready for a career where you can exercise your passions, be surrounded by co-workers who are relentlessly committed to service, and have a team-player mindset, apply today!
Bankers Healthcare Group is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Bankers Healthcare Group is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
Back to top