DevOps Production Support Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Are you ready to join a growing team that puts a premium on productivity and has an award-winning culture, centered around transforming talented employees into effective business leaders?
Then Bankers Healthcare Group is the place for you. We offer innovative financial solutions to licensed and highly-skilled professionals, representing the best of both traditional lending and fintech, and are looking for passionate, impact players to help take our company to the next level.
At BHG, you’ll become immersed in the finance industry—with a variety of loan solutions, credit cards, patient financing, bank programs, and collections services, which have helped BHG become one of the leading providers of finance solutions.
With over 19 years in business, we have the stability of an established company with the speed and agility of a startup, where ingenuity and risk-taking are encouraged, and every employee has the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive.
Who You Are
You are a motivated DevOps professional who is passionate about Application environment stability, resiliency and uptimes to support the Firm’s business. You excel at application and website support, monitoring, and incident escalation, and have experience building out Production Support function from the ground up using various tools and methodologies. You are a seasoned professional, natural leader, an ever-learning engineer, and thrive in a fast-paced environment where you expand into Azure Cloud and provide holistic picture of application and data relationships across various technologies, locations, and transformations. This position allows for 100% remote. No travel is required.
What You'll Do
- 100% work from home, remote opportunity. No travel required.
- Application Production Support for on-prem and in Azure
- Support application releases and work with various teams to ensure application and environment stability and uptimes
- Monitor web and application servers, establish patching policy, remediate any environment issues
- Improve existing alerting and monitoring tools
- Establish incident escalation
- Follow through on outages to port mortems, retrospectives
- Establish service maps and application support matrix, escalation paths
What You'll Need
- B.S. in computer science or equivalent experience.
- The Sr. Production Support Engineer should have a minimum of 7 years of experience in Information Technology, with 5 years in Production Support role
- Candidate should have advanced knowledge of Windows Server OS, Services, Event Logs, Performance monitoring, and related systems as they pertain to production support role.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft IIS, both websites and web services, app pools, IIS security, SSL certificates
- Must be a hands-on PowerShell expert with proven ability to deliver complex logic
- Knowledge of another scripting language, like Python or bash is a plus
- The Sr. Production Support Engineer should have a minimum 1 year of hands-on Azure Cloud support
- Azure Cloud:
- Proficient in resources provisioning
- Solid experience in production support and troubleshooting of
- Function Apps
- Azure logic apps
- API Management and connections
- Cosmos DB
- Event and Send Grids
- Service Bus
- Storage Account
- Data Bricks and Data Factory is a plus
- PowerShell scripting for custom tasks automation
- Understanding of promotion through Azure DevOps pipelines to upstream environments
- The Sr. Production Support Engineer should have 1+ yr of experience supporting ARM templates deployments through CI/CD pipelines
- Understanding and troubleshooting of load balancers, DNS, virtual networks and firewalls, including cloud environment
- Proven ability to set up application, synthetics, and infrastructure monitoring. New Relic experience on-prem or Azure is a plus
- Experience supporting in-house message queues. RabbitMQ is a plus
- Solid experience with enterprise logging. Kibana and Elasticsearch are a plus.
- The Sr. Production Support Engineer should have 2+ years of working with Linux OS
- Incident escalation and collaboration with software engineering, infrastructure, DBA and business
- Proven ability to take on new technology implementation projects, and working with stakeholders to successful completion
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills,
- Candidate should be articulate, outgoing, and have a dedication to documentation and detail.
- Excellent analysis and problem solving skills.
- Solid knowledge of corporate technology environments including application development and the supporting technology/network infrastructure. Background in software development is a plus.
- Experience using support ticketing systems is required. Experience with JIRA Service Desk is a plus.
- Ability to work under pressure; strong organizational skills; good judgment and decision making.
- Self-starter, takes ownership and accountability for assigned work.
- Able to identify and manage key risks and issues.
- Understanding/familiarity with source control, packaging, provisioning and deployment is a plus
- Familiarity with Agile concepts and methodology is a plus
Life at BHG
At BHG, we work hard and aren’t afraid to take risks. Since the beginning, our core values of PMA (positive mental attitude), team player and loyalty have been the driving force behind every interaction we have between each other and our customers. We have a healthy respect for the daily grind, yet we value work/life balance. We believe that all employees should have the opportunity to lead and that good ideas can come from anyone. From the top-down, our leaders are actively involved not only in strategic oversight and running the business, but also in the wellbeing and growth of all employees. We consider people our #1 asset, and help employees realize their full potential, set and exceed their goals, and explore new opportunities for personal and professional development.
Why You Should Join BHG
We strive to offer amenities, opportunities, events, and programming that support the interests of our teams, while furthering the culture that makes us Great Place to Work® certified. Some of the benefits you can expect when you join BHG include:
· 100% coverage of monthly health insurance premiums
· Competitive PTO and vacation policies
· Company 401(k) plan with employer contributions after one year
· On-site gym access and memberships, with personal trainers, and certified nutritionists on staff
· Company-sponsored training and certification opportunities
· Monthly award ceremonies where top achievers are celebrated and receive additional bonuses
· Ongoing volunteer opportunities to give back to the community through our BHG Cares program
If you’re ready for a career where you can exercise your passions, be surrounded by co-workers who are relentlessly committed to service, and have a team-player mindset, apply today!
** All Remote employee's at Bankers Healthcare Group are required to work within the United States of America.
Bankers Healthcare Group is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Bankers Healthcare Group is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
Back to top