Data & Analytics Internship - Spring 2021
- Flexible / Remote
Are you ready to join a growing team that puts a premium on productivity and has an award-winning culture, centered around transforming talented employees into effective business leaders?
Then Bankers Healthcare Group is the place for you. We offer innovative financial solutions to licensed and highly-skilled professionals, representing the best of both traditional lending and fintech, and are looking for passionate, impact players to help take our company to the next level.
At BHG, you’ll become immersed in the finance industry—with a variety of loan solutions, credit cards, patient financing, bank programs, and collections services, which have helped BHG become one of the leading providers of finance solutions.
With over 18 years in business, we have the stability of an established company with the speed and agility of a startup, where ingenuity and risk-taking are encouraged, and every employee has the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive.
Who You Are
You are a motivated student or recent graduate student who is passionate about business analytics. You excel at collecting, organizing and analyzing data while helping to develop conclusions and recommendations through BI tools and have experience identifying trends and opportunities. You are a logical and analytical thinker and thrive in a fast-paced environment where you will perform complex data analysis in supporting strategic business needs and transform raw data into finished products.
What You'll Do
- Work within the analytics and data management department at BHG
- Assuring the integrity of raw data, including data extraction, storage, manipulation, QC, processing and analysis.
- Provide strategic and tactical support to the team by analyzing and interpreting business data to provide innovative solutions
- Discussing business intelligence needs or information with analytics team and internal staff
- Analyzing data with standard statistical methods, interpreting the results, and providing a written summary of data analysis
- This person must be able to analyze data sets and come up with strategic solutions within different aspects of the company, including but not limited to: marketing, sales, employee performance, client profiling, credit, and risk
What You'll Need
- Proficient with SQL, Power BI, Excel, and PowerPoint; R, Python are plus
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and critical thinking skills
- Intellectual curiosity and aptitude to pick up new technical skills and domain knowledge
- Excited to collaborate and eager to learn
- Driven and ambitious
- Great team player
- Strong written and verbal communications
- Pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering or related quantitative fields, graduating in 2021 Spring or Summer are plus
Life at BHG
At BHG, we work hard and aren’t afraid to take risks. Since the beginning, our core values of PMA (positive mental attitude), team player and loyalty have been the driving force behind every interaction we have between each other and our customers. We have a healthy respect for the daily grind, yet we value work/life balance. We believe that all employees should have the opportunity to lead and that good ideas can come from anyone. From the top-down, our leaders are actively involved not only in strategic oversight and running the business, but also in the wellbeing and growth of all employees. We consider people our #1 asset, and help employees realize their full potential, set and exceed their goals, and explore new opportunities for personal and professional development.
Why You Should Join BHG
We strive to offer amenities, opportunities, events, and programming that support the interests of our teams, while furthering the culture that makes us Great Place to Work® certified. Some of the benefits you can expect when you join BHG include:
· 100% coverage of monthly health insurance premiums
· Competitive PTO and vacation policies
· Company 401(k) plan with employer contributions after one year
· On-site gym access and memberships, with personal trainers, and certified nutritionists on staff
· Company-sponsored training and certification opportunities
· Monthly award ceremonies where top achievers are celebrated and receive additional bonuses
· Ongoing volunteer opportunities to give back to the community through our BHG Cares program
If you’re ready for a career where you can exercise your passions, be surrounded by co-workers who are relentlessly committed to service, and have a team-player mindset, apply today!
Bankers Healthcare Group is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Bankers Healthcare Group is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
Back to top