Vice President, Hospital Marketing
Summary of Job Purpose andFunction
The Vice President of Hospital Marketing will lead the development and implementation of the Banfield brand and related marketing efforts to drive Practice growth. The position will oversee the Hospital Marketing, Client Communications & Media and Creative/Production Services teams. Collectively, the teams will manage all consumer-oriented branding, acquisition media campaigns, targeted client retention communications and other key marketing activities to drive Practice growth.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks
- Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within self and team.
- Lead the evolving strategy for our branding across all customer to client lifecycle points.
- Foster Practice education around the client-focused look, tone and messaging for the Banfield brand.
- Develop strategies, programs, tests and ongoing monitoring methods to support client acquisition and retention for comp and new hospitals.
- Develop and manage the teams that implement branding, email/text, direct mail and media programs to support these strategies.
- Oversee agencies and resources needed to effectively create, execute and monitor campaigns and related media/marketing efforts.
- Act as the lead and key facilitator of Practice-wide branding efforts to insure connection across multiple functions' audience (i.e., industry, consumer, academic, employer, etc.).
- Collaborate cross-functionally to effectively manage PetSmart and other key partnership marketing efforts.
- Contribute to VHG and PetCare conversations as it relates to collective branding and media efforts.
- Other job duties as assigned.
Special Working Conditions
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Project timelines and work volume / deadlines may often require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job.
- Must have mental processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and language ability (reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform the duties proficiently.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and to solve problems involving several variables.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity with the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard and operate necessary equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is normally moderate.
- Environment where pets are present.
Experience, Education and/orTraining
- Bachelor's degree required –in Marketing, Communications, Media, Design or Branding or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. Master's degree preferred.
- Fifteen years management experience in brand marketing, marketing strategy, retail and/or advertising required in a competitive retail, national brand or multi-unit service business preferred.
- Digital Media with an emphasis on SEM and Digital display, Management and analytics required.
- Targeted Marketing Program Management (email, direct mail, text) and analytics required.
- Team management and leadership development required.
- Prior experience with broad based media preferred.
- APT tool usage preferred.
- Prefer health care background (veterinary or human healthcare, pharmaceutical, etc.).
WEARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Company Policy, Federal and State Laws Forbid Discrimination Because of Age,Color,
Race, Religion, Sex, Disability, Sexual Orientation or National Origin.
Meet Some of Banfield Pet Hospital's Employees
Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner
Andrew marshals all his wit and resources to find new ways to attract and retain, the best veterinary talent for Banfield, strategizing with executives, conducting interviews, and influencing hiring decisions.
Back to top